re: new cache

  • leslierussellgreen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
      I don't think there are any caches along the bike trail between Marina and outskirts of
      Castroville, and not very many between Monterey and Marina. You would be encouraging
      bike use there...

      Touchstone, what are the requirements for access to the seashore portion of Ft. Ord, ie
      where Illuminate Earth was, and the final of GC16XPH ?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
        To the best of my knowledge, there are no restrictions on the newly
        created Fort Ord Dunes State Park. I pulled a couple of my caches
        after formation of the new Park, just becuase of concerns about
        native plant communities in the area, and I didn't want to appear to
        encourage people to go out in sensitive areas.

        The Rangers are out there on a daily basis, as far as I can tell,
        but they don't seem to care about the people using the frontage road
        that parrallels Hwy 1. I would suggest staying away from the bunker
        area (where Illuminati Earth was). One group of cachers was
        confronted by a Ranger just prior to my Archiving it, and it appears
        that they don't want people messing around in there.

        - Touchstone

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "leslierussellgreen" <swartz@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
          Touchstone, good point about the impact on native vegetation, some of the most endangered
          ecotype in the state - and on the other hand, if you know it's OK to tromple the iceplant, no
          one can find a cache hidden in iceplant !

          But I figure there must be lots of good hiding places that are just along the trail - huh, maybe
          I should go look for a spot for myself.