Re: [CCGC] new to the area

  • monty wolf
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
      hey jono:

      thank you for the welcome and the kind words!

      i'm really glad that you and the boys enjoyed the rally as much as i did putting it together.  watching your team cross the finish line was one of the highlights of the rally!

      i've moved into a situation that's keeping me busy for a few weeks, but my boss/roommate tells me that there is light at the end of our tunnel of woe and i will, indeed, have a chance to look for a cache or two.

      i'll be busy at concours d'eligance for the upcoming event.  but, i'm sure there'll be more on the horizon.

      thanks, again, for the welcome!

      cache you later!

      --
      http://montywolf.blogspot.com/

      On 8/2/07, jono reksoatmodjo <triplecsv@...> wrote:

      Hey Welcome Monty !!!
      So you moved to the Monterey Bay. Everybody, we are
      fortunate to have this guy here. He put on the most
      awesome geocache/off-road experience I have ever
      attended.My kids are still bragging to their friends.
      Monty, there are alot of great areas to cache down
      here. Nisens Marks SP, Fort Ord, Henry Cowell SP, too
      many to name.Get settled and if you need a buddy to
      cache with give me a holler.
      Jono (Modjo Trekker}

    • monty wolf
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
        On 8/2/07, Jenn Oates <wildoates56@...> wrote:
        Monty, those green things all around you?  Those are called trees

        i used to have to worry about losing sat reception in canyons.  now, it's in the tree canopy.  the only thing i've used my gps for is so i wouldn't get lost in pebble beach!  i'm learning the roads around here much better, but i would still be out there without the breadcrumbs i laid-down when i first got here.

        That grey stuff that covers the sky?  That's called fog

        we actually saw the sun today in pb, the first time in over a week that it has shone through.  all that sun a gathered during the rally has faded from my skin.

        The lack of heat energy in the lower trophosphere in July?  That's called summer in Monterey.

        it was in the 60s today.  much warmer and i can wear a t-shirt.  ;-)

        And those bipedal hominids that seem to have infested all the beautiful places?  They're called people.

        they're the same people that come to nevada.  "go home!"  ;-)

        It ain't Nevada, but it's home.  :P

        Welcome back to California!

        it's been almost 30 years since i've been a california resident.  seems like only 1978.

        PS:  I was in Monterey last weekend but I was with my sister, so visiting was not an option, rats.

        if only i had the time, myself.  i've had one day off (counting weekends) since i got here and that was because i had one of my tmj headaches.  i would rather be working than have one of those.  we keep the hours down to around 10 on the weekend.  that's my time off, so far!

        I only found one cache and it was in King City.

        it's been almost a month since i've found a cache and that was from above virginia city on the 4th of july before we watched the fireworks come up to our level on the road the rally descended into town.

        http://montywolf.blogspot.com/