Re: Open House 8/11 Elkhorn Slough Reserve

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
      Wow! That's great :) I can't sing praises enough about the well
      oiled machinery of the GBES and their mighty leader Monty.

      Let us know when the dust settles. I'm sure I owe you at least a
      couple of beers for the immense fun my family and I had on two of
      The Rally's :)

      Mike
      aka Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "monty wolf" <montywolf@...> wrote:

      > thanks!
      >
      > well, i'm painting two houses and remodeling most of the rooms in
      one of
      > them.
      >
      > once that happens, the dust should settle along with me.
      >
      > can't wait to get out and actually look for a cache or two.
      >
      > http://montywolf.blogspot.com/
      >
      > On 8/2/07, Antony Wilson <antonyw@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hey Monty -- welcome to California! Hope you are settling in
      nicely.
      > > We're looking forward to coming down for some Monterey area 4x4
      caches soon
      > > ;-)
      > >
      > > Ant
      > >

      > --

    • monty wolf
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
        hi mike:

        you guys were the heroes of last year's rally, in my opinion!  i never expected you to finish in the subaru and it out ran the lifted jeeps and big v-8s!

        bravo!

        how did you guys get up that one steep washout?  i thought that was going to be your achilles heal.

        i'll be trying to oil that machinery from here for next year's rally.  rrinnv is out scouting courses.  i hope i get a chance to see what he's found in the next month or so.  this is gonna be a real challenge for the 5th annual.  but, a challenge has never stopped me before!

        i am, however, the mighty former leader of gbes.  michelle (moonchaser) zukovski is the new president of gbes.  i felt it was my duty to abdicate since i couldn't preside over the group from here.  especially since we are now chartered with the state of nevada as a 501c3.  i'm still on the board, but that won't last much longer.

        i will, however, be the rally director for the 2008 rally.

        it was tough turning the gavel over since i formed the group.  but, i never wanted gbes to be a one-person show.  so, it was going to happen eventually anyway.  i'm glad i was able to accomplish things like 1000 find pins (you qualify as a recipient since you've competed in the rally) and creating the rally.

        your kind words are all the thanks i would ever need!

        the rally has been my gift to geocachers of the west!

        i'm just glad i could pull it off!

        cache you later.