Re: [CCGC] Re: Open House 8/11 Elkhorn Slough Reserve

  • Antony Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
      Ha!  I knew that was coming as soon as I clicked send :-)

      Hey Monty -- welcome to California!  Hope you are settling in nicely.  We're looking forward to coming down for some Monterey area 4x4 caches soon ;-)

      Ant

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
        thanks!

        well, i'm painting two houses and remodeling most of the rooms in one of them.

        once that happens, the dust should settle along with me.

        can't wait to get out and actually look for a cache or two.

        http://montywolf.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
          Wow! That's great :) I can't sing praises enough about the well
          oiled machinery of the GBES and their mighty leader Monty.

          Let us know when the dust settles. I'm sure I owe you at least a
          couple of beers for the immense fun my family and I had on two of
          The Rally's :)

          Mike
          aka Touchstone

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "monty wolf" <montywolf@...> wrote:

          > thanks!
          >
          > well, i'm painting two houses and remodeling most of the rooms in
          one of
          > them.
          >
          > once that happens, the dust should settle along with me.
          >
          > can't wait to get out and actually look for a cache or two.
          >
          > http://montywolf.blogspot.com/
          >
          > On 8/2/07, Antony Wilson <antonyw@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hey Monty -- welcome to California! Hope you are settling in
          nicely.
          > > We're looking forward to coming down for some Monterey area 4x4
          caches soon
          > > ;-)
          > >
          > > Ant
          > >

          > --

        • monty wolf
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
            hi mike:

            you guys were the heroes of last year's rally, in my opinion!  i never expected you to finish in the subaru and it out ran the lifted jeeps and big v-8s!

            bravo!

            how did you guys get up that one steep washout?  i thought that was going to be your achilles heal.

            i'll be trying to oil that machinery from here for next year's rally.  rrinnv is out scouting courses.  i hope i get a chance to see what he's found in the next month or so.  this is gonna be a real challenge for the 5th annual.  but, a challenge has never stopped me before!

            i am, however, the mighty former leader of gbes.  michelle (moonchaser) zukovski is the new president of gbes.  i felt it was my duty to abdicate since i couldn't preside over the group from here.  especially since we are now chartered with the state of nevada as a 501c3.  i'm still on the board, but that won't last much longer.

            i will, however, be the rally director for the 2008 rally.

            it was tough turning the gavel over since i formed the group.  but, i never wanted gbes to be a one-person show.  so, it was going to happen eventually anyway.  i'm glad i was able to accomplish things like 1000 find pins (you qualify as a recipient since you've competed in the rally) and creating the rally.

            your kind words are all the thanks i would ever need!

            the rally has been my gift to geocachers of the west!

            i'm just glad i could pull it off!

            cache you later.