C Major Cache Adoptions

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
      Thanks for the inquiry and the history lesson for our sleepy little
      group. Let's see....News

      1. First off, I recieved word from a Bay area folk that one of our
      locals (C Major) was transferred to Iraq and was asking if anyone
      wants to Adopt his caches to keep them alive. Here's C Major's
      Profile if anyone wants to contact him:

      http://tinyurl.com/uljvb

      And here's his latest, what should be a 5 Star Event Cache in the
      Green Zone:

      http://tinyurl.com/yxwxon

      2. Gabrielle, I took your banner to the CITO Event on Bald Mt on
      Saturday in the hopes of handing it off to Kealia, but I had to
      leave before he came. Turns out Ron was busy and couldn't make it,
      so I left instructions with Nazgul (Dave), to keep it safe until we
      can figure out a way to get the banner back to you. Dave did offer
      to make a Puzzle cache with spiders in it just for Ron and put the
      banner in the cache, but I didn't encourage that ;)

      3. el Jim's Event was a huge success by all accounts. He's having a
      non-Event the week before Thanksgiving at the same spot (the 21st I
      believe), if anybody would like to log his underrated 4 star cache
      in Moss Landing ;) So far I hear it will be Jim, BirdmanATW and
      Hotshoe in attendance, and I was planning on crashing the party to
      take some pictures, and if if my scars fade enough by then I'll give
      it another go :D

      - Touchstone
    • Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
        Eek, Iraq caching....  I hope some folks from this yahoogroup can adopt his local caches. I probably can't adopt any and think I have only found one so far.  How many caches are we talking about?  Guess I could look at his profile page!

        To Touchstone: Regarding the non-event the week before T-Day, is there a general invitation out somewhere with details, or are you inviting hordes of us to "crash the party" ? Could you also explain el Jim's "underrated 4-star cache in Moss Landing" for those of us who don't know what you are talking about?

        Thanks for the update on my banner.  I thought Sgt Stitches would have it but hadn't gotten around to asking.  I guess I will check with Nazgul then.  I appreciate you discouraging him from dropping it in a cache!

        - Chickasaw

        touchstone12002 <touchstone12002@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
          Before the Major left he sent me all of his caches sans Can't Miss
          this Eucaliptus and Girls Rule (which he left for the girlscout
          troop) Because Tigger 31314 is going to be here longer, I have since
          sent most of them to him and he should be keeping most of the series
          up.
          On that note C Major is a Resiliant SOB and his most recent event
          cache is a testiment to that just as his finding his first 50
          without a GPS-r (Amazing)I'm sure his CGB event will be just as
          successful as his EGB event here was.

          Just an aside, Touchstone, I just put out a spider themed Night cache
          if Nazgul is still looking for a cache to put the banner in ;)

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
            Thanks for the clarification Dave. I wasn't aware that arrangements
            were already made. I'm glad we're not losing any of his caches at any
            rate.

            Gabrielle, I'm sure your banner is safe and sound and that Nazgul was
            just joking.

            For those that want to attend the next attempt at el Jim's cache in
            Moss Landing and maybe some dinner at Phil's afterwards here's the
            link:

            http://tinyurl.com/y4whms

            I actually see several problems with the cache having looked at it a
            couple of times. First would be the name (Monterey Canyon Cache):
            it's not in Monterey, and it's not in a canyon. Then there is the
            Terrain rating (4 Stars with special equipment). And that Difficulty
            rating of 4 Stars is off a bit too (I could see the cache from over
            100 feet away) All kidding aside (and I know Jim is a really good
            sport for kidding...nudge, nudge, wink, wink)it's a very unique and
            clever cache with high spectator satisfaction quotient.

            And if you have a strong stomach, here's my DNF for the cache (in all
            humility, I think it's a log entry that even the Sarge would be proud
            of):

            http://tinyurl.com/y4hy5c