Re: Greetings from AltDotAir

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
      Great to hear from you Matt. I sure can commiserate about the dead
      GPS. I thought I'd killed mine about a year ago crossing the Carmel
      River and falling into a sucker hole up to my chest, but it finally
      gave up the ghost on a trek out to Ventana Double Cone a couple of
      weeks ago.

      Just an FYI: This group was started by another old timer,
      compass_bearing_north. There is also a reasonably active group up in
      Santa Cruz:

      It might be worth your time to join that group as well, as the two
      groups overlap on quite a few things like hikes and Events. That
      group is headed up by Chikasaw and the spiritual leader of both
      groups, Coralgeo. Both groups use the familiar CCGC logo made by
      Raygun_88 a few years back.

      And don't worry about not having a GPS. There's one member of this
      group that I know of that found nearly a hundred caches before he
      finally bought one ;)

      Mike
      aka Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Wall" <wallmatt@...> wrote:

      > Howdy all,
      >
      > it us us, oldtimers AltDotAir, checking back in. We've been somewhat
      > inactive the last couple of years due to child-rearing distractions
      > combined with a most definitively dead (and as yet unreplaced) GPS
      > unit. But I was happy to see there's a more organized group on line
      > now for the CCGC.
      >
      > FYI...
      >
      > - Matt (Alt)

    • Susie
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" wrote:
        >and the spiritual leader of both groups, Coralgeo.

        Spiritual leader??? LOL

        Don't know if I can claim that ;-)

        Good to hear from you again, Matt. Hope to see you and the family at the Spring Forward
        picnic event in Santa Cruz this Sunday.

        -Coralgeo
      • David Werblo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 7:56 AM
          Hi Matt,

          We commiserate with your GPS problem. We logged on
          last Sat to get coords for the Pinnacles event and
          found our new OS did not support the software
          installed in our GPS. We messed with it for a while
          (making us miss the meeting times of the event)
          finally gave up and went to the event without the GPS.
          We finally uploaded new software this morning so we
          will be set if we manage to make it to the SC event
          tomorrow.
          ParadiseFound
          Kathy

          http://mail.yahoo.com