Greetings from AltDotAir

  • Matthew Wall
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 2:20 PM
      Howdy all,

      it us us, oldtimers AltDotAir, checking back in. We've been somewhat
      inactive the last couple of years due to child-rearing distractions
      combined with a most definitively dead (and as yet unreplaced) GPS
      unit. But I was happy to see there's a more organized group on line
      now for the CCGC.

      FYI...

      - Matt (Alt)
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31 3:55 PM
        Great to hear from you Matt. I sure can commiserate about the dead
        GPS. I thought I'd killed mine about a year ago crossing the Carmel
        River and falling into a sucker hole up to my chest, but it finally
        gave up the ghost on a trek out to Ventana Double Cone a couple of
        weeks ago.

        Just an FYI: This group was started by another old timer,
        compass_bearing_north. There is also a reasonably active group up in
        Santa Cruz:

        It might be worth your time to join that group as well, as the two
        groups overlap on quite a few things like hikes and Events. That
        group is headed up by Chikasaw and the spiritual leader of both
        groups, Coralgeo. Both groups use the familiar CCGC logo made by
        Raygun_88 a few years back.

        And don't worry about not having a GPS. There's one member of this
        group that I know of that found nearly a hundred caches before he
        finally bought one ;)

        Mike
        aka Touchstone

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Wall" <wallmatt@...> wrote:

        > Howdy all,
        >
        > it us us, oldtimers AltDotAir, checking back in. We've been somewhat
        > inactive the last couple of years due to child-rearing distractions
        > combined with a most definitively dead (and as yet unreplaced) GPS
        > unit. But I was happy to see there's a more organized group on line
        > now for the CCGC.
        >
        > FYI...
        >
        > - Matt (Alt)

      • Susie
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31 4:10 PM
          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" wrote:
          >and the spiritual leader of both groups, Coralgeo.

          Spiritual leader??? LOL

          Don't know if I can claim that ;-)

          Good to hear from you again, Matt. Hope to see you and the family at the Spring Forward
          picnic event in Santa Cruz this Sunday.

          -Coralgeo
        • David Werblo
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
            Hi Matt,

            We commiserate with your GPS problem. We logged on
            last Sat to get coords for the Pinnacles event and
            found our new OS did not support the software
            installed in our GPS. We messed with it for a while
            (making us miss the meeting times of the event)
            finally gave up and went to the event without the GPS.
            We finally uploaded new software this morning so we
            will be set if we manage to make it to the SC event
            tomorrow.
            ParadiseFound
            Kathy

            http://mail.yahoo.com