Pinnacles 2: VIP Fools with Tools, Picnic and Hike

  • bud
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2006
      For those that missed the March Pinnacles event, or for those who are
      interested in helping out the Park, I am submitting a cache request
      for the following Event for Saturday, April 29:

      Please participate in a Volunteer in the Park (VIP) Project at the
      Pinnacles Chalone Creek Picnic Area. Picnic and hike to follow if
      there is interest.

      I have been in contact with the Volunteer Coordinator for the
      Pinnacles National Park for a Volunteer Project.

      The Volunteer Project coordinator would like to have at least 10
      people who are handy with basic tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
      help erect a play strucuture at the Chalone Creek Picnic Area.

      The Park will supply tools, but you may want to bring your own. I
      have looked over the Assembly Drawings and this does not look too
      difficult.

      If there is interest, we can have a picnic afterwards and finish the
      day with a hike in the Park. There is a very easy trail of about 3
      miles from Chalone Creek Picnic Area to the Caves (which would
      collect 2 earthcaches and 1 virtual cache.) With Daylight Savings
      Time, if time allows, we could do a loop up to the High Peaks as well
      and catch more of the earthcaches.

      Wildflowers should be in full bloom by then. too.

      Until I get more details, let's assume that we will start between
      8:30 am and 9 am.

      Camping should still be available at the nearby private campground
      for that weekend for those that want to camp and have a short drive
      into the Park in the morning. But you should make reservations soon.
      If there is enough interest I could look into a group reservation.

      You can log this Event as Attended if you do any of the following:

      1) Help erect the play structure.
      2) Join in a picnic lunch afterwards
      3) Join in a hike afterwards.

      I will try to arrange for free entrance to the Park.

      I will add more details later as I get them.

      50sumtin