Re: Camp, Veranda Cafe and Pinnacles March
- NOTE FOR THOSE COMING SUNDAY: bring flashlights, and bring Tevas or
a second pair of shoes that you can use to walk through water. We
successfully adventured through the Caves to the other side without
mishap barefoot but I could have led a full and happy life without
One other recommendation I have (besides the Tevas and flashlights)
would be to leave a shuttle car at the Cholone Picnic Area so we can
shuttle drivers back to the Visitor Center from there to shorten the
hike back by a mile or so.
See you Sunday!
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "bud" <fiftysumtin@...> wrote:
> Time, tides and weather wait for no one.
> Well, I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Saturday
> Sunday for this weekend.
> As a veteran of a couple of rafting trips in the Alaska
> if the forecast were only for rain I would just carry on with our
> current plans for a Saturday hike in the Pinnacles and enjoy
> a little wet as a change of pace.
> Unfortunately there is some discussion of a chance of
> in some of the forecasts that I've read and that Touchstone has
> Being a safety manager, from a safety standpoint, if the forecast
> a chance of thunderstorms continues to hold up, we should postpone
> the hiking part of the event for the sake of safety as being out
> open country during thunderstorms involves some risk of being
> by lightning.
> Right now the forecast for Sunday is much much better.
> For those of you watching this forum, how many would rather
> and hike on Sunday instead? (That actually works out better for me
> and my family anyway.) I would still be willing to meet Saturday
> breakfast for those that would like to, and then again on Sunday
> before a Sunday hike.
> Please post replies at your convenience either to this forum or to
> the cache page for this event on www.geocaching.com.
> Thank you for your understanding, but I have an obligation to
> out for our safety which very much comes first.
> Sincerely yours,
> Bud 50sumtin