Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Camp, Veranda Cafe and Pinnacles March

Expand Messages
  • bud
    Time, tides and weather wait for no one. Well, I m keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Saturday versus Sunday for this weekend. As a veteran of a couple
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Time, tides and weather wait for no one.

      Well, I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Saturday versus
      Sunday for this weekend.

      As a veteran of a couple of rafting trips in the Alaska wilderness,
      if the forecast were only for rain I would just carry on with our
      current plans for a Saturday hike in the Pinnacles and enjoy getting
      a little wet as a change of pace.

      Unfortunately there is some discussion of a chance of thunderstorms
      in some of the forecasts that I've read and that Touchstone has seen.

      Being a safety manager, from a safety standpoint, if the forecast for
      a chance of thunderstorms continues to hold up, we should postpone
      the hiking part of the event for the sake of safety as being out in
      open country during thunderstorms involves some risk of being struck
      by lightning.

      Right now the forecast for Sunday is much much better.

      For those of you watching this forum, how many would rather breakfast
      and hike on Sunday instead? (That actually works out better for me
      and my family anyway.) I would still be willing to meet Saturday for
      breakfast for those that would like to, and then again on Sunday
      before a Sunday hike.

      Please post replies at your convenience either to this forum or to
      the cache page for this event on www.geocaching.com.

      Thank you for your understanding, but I have an obligation to watch
      out for our safety which very much comes first.

      Sincerely yours,

      Bud 50sumtin
    • bud
      NOTE FOR THOSE COMING SUNDAY: bring flashlights, and bring Tevas or a second pair of shoes that you can use to walk through water. We successfully adventured
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        NOTE FOR THOSE COMING SUNDAY: bring flashlights, and bring Tevas or
        a second pair of shoes that you can use to walk through water. We
        successfully adventured through the Caves to the other side without
        mishap barefoot but I could have led a full and happy life without
        the experience!

        One other recommendation I have (besides the Tevas and flashlights)
        would be to leave a shuttle car at the Cholone Picnic Area so we can
        shuttle drivers back to the Visitor Center from there to shorten the
        hike back by a mile or so.

        See you Sunday!

        Bud 50sumtin

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "bud" <fiftysumtin@...> wrote:
        >
        > Time, tides and weather wait for no one.
        >
        > Well, I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Saturday
        versus
        > Sunday for this weekend.
        >
        > As a veteran of a couple of rafting trips in the Alaska
        wilderness,
        > if the forecast were only for rain I would just carry on with our
        > current plans for a Saturday hike in the Pinnacles and enjoy
        getting
        > a little wet as a change of pace.
        >
        > Unfortunately there is some discussion of a chance of
        thunderstorms
        > in some of the forecasts that I've read and that Touchstone has
        seen.
        >
        > Being a safety manager, from a safety standpoint, if the forecast
        for
        > a chance of thunderstorms continues to hold up, we should postpone
        > the hiking part of the event for the sake of safety as being out
        in
        > open country during thunderstorms involves some risk of being
        struck
        > by lightning.
        >
        > Right now the forecast for Sunday is much much better.
        >
        > For those of you watching this forum, how many would rather
        breakfast
        > and hike on Sunday instead? (That actually works out better for me
        > and my family anyway.) I would still be willing to meet Saturday
        for
        > breakfast for those that would like to, and then again on Sunday
        > before a Sunday hike.
        >
        > Please post replies at your convenience either to this forum or to
        > the cache page for this event on www.geocaching.com.
        >
        > Thank you for your understanding, but I have an obligation to
        watch
        > out for our safety which very much comes first.
        >
        > Sincerely yours,
        >
        > Bud 50sumtin
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.