[CCGC] Re: Loneliest Cache Award

  • rostmi
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
      I agree. The James Bond caches were a lot of fun but did require all
      day to complete them. I would recommend them highly, though. Plan on
      dinner in Half Moon Bay as Sarge mentioned.

      Chickasaw - I've been menaing to get to Shake Your Booty for about
      two months now. I'm hoping to do it realaly soon (and maybe drop a
      new cache in Nisene Marks as well since there really aren't that
      many. Just need to find a suitable place...)

      Best,
      Ron
      (Kealia)

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Sergeant Stitches <sgt_stitches@s...>
      wrote:
      > Hi guys-
      >
      > Just got back from the Caribbean (nine caches found) and thought
      I'd try to
      > do a little catching up on e-mail:
      >
      > North of Davenport, but south of Ano Nuevo is a cache
      called "Canada De la
      > Salud". It was last found in December of 2003, with no reported
      DNFs since
      > then.... pretty lonely guy up there.
      >
      > The two multis, "For Your Eyes Only" & "You Only Live Twice", were
      really
      > great.... but be prepared for an all day hunt and a LONG drive.
      Both multis
      > together took all day and the final destination is north of Half
      Moon Bay.
      > I think there was something like 10 locations all together with
      three actual
      > caches to find. Lots of fun and some really neat locations. A
      great way to
      > see the coast.
      >
      > -Lance
      > (aka Sgt Stitches)
      >

      > From: "Gabrielle" <go2garrett@s...>
      > Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 06:33:29 -0000
      > To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [CCGC] Re: Loneliest Cache Award
      >

      > Hello CCGCA group:
      >
      > I would like to respond to Touchstone's quest for loneliest caches.
      > It took a bit of study before I could answer. My closest caches
      are
      > all in the Santa Cruz area. As it turns out some of the loneliest
      > caches are also ones I haven't visited yet. Let me tell you what I
      > know about them:
      >
      > 1. "Call Before Digging" at Wilder Ranch State Park was last found
      > March 10, 2004. I am sure it is still there but I hesitate to go
      > because every log entry is a tale of woe, starting with the Marky &
      > Joani tick saga.
      >
      > 2. A set of caches along the Hwy 1 stretch of beaches going towards
      > Davenport called "For Your Eyes Only" & "You Only Live Twice" was
      > last found in April by Sgt Stitches & the Cruz Commandos. I think
      > they had fun, but was uncertain after Cpl Kiwi's description at the
      > Scotts Valley Geocache Picnic.
      >
      > 3. "Shake Your Bootie" at the Loma Prieta epicenter at Nisene Marks
      > State Park was last found May 2004 and I have been dying to go, but
      > have not been able to convince anyone else to go with me.
      >
      > These were the loneliest Santa Cruz caches I see, that are still out
      > there and waiting for someone to visit.
      >
      > I hope you guys are getting out more than I am these days!
      >
      > Chickasaw (Gabrielle)
      >

      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" <msmelser@m...>
      wrote:

      > > I saw a thread on the forums about the Loneliest Cache Award. So
      > > just for the heck of it I did a search of my closest caches (up to
      > 10
      > > pages) and came up with the following (I didn't include disabled
      > > caches): drum roll please!
      > >
      > > Looks like David21 and the Fisherwoman get the Loneliest Cache
      > Award
      > > for my closest list. I'm A Baaaaaad Boy in San Juan Buatista last
      > > found on January 2, 2004 (just recently reactivated, so it has a
      > bit
      > > of an advantage).
      > >
      > > A distant second goes to Pinetree Path by our illustrious
      moderator
      > > of the group CBN. Last found April 7, 2004
      > >
      > > And a surprising third place finish goes to Dagwood and Blondy for
      > > Fort Ord Back Country. It has a few DNF's so it may not be there.
      > > Last found April 10, 2004.
      > >
      > > How about you guys up in SC/SV? What's your lonliest cache?

> [...]
      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1295hgg1u/M=281955.5530326.6602771.300117
      6/D=gr

      oups/S=1705065786:HM/EXP=1099722882/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ilspoqn/*http:
      //clk.

      atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099636482414212>