changes to geocaching.com today

  • Susie Cochran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2006
      Apologies for the cross-posting. In case you don't read the gc-forums
      or if you haven't checked out the gc.com site today, this from Jeremy
      regarding a bunch of changes that were made to the gc.com website:
      Raine and I released another update to the web site this afternoon to
      cover many bugfixes, feature enhancements, and asthetic changes. Some
      of them will be instantly noticeable while others won't. This is a
      highlight of these changes.
      • The Travel Bug logs now show up 10 at a time to speed up the pages.
      • Hint decrypt does a JavaScript change instead of refreshing a new
      page. If you have JavaScript turned off it will work as it did before.
      • The Cascading Style Sheet for the site has been updated. You may
      need to hold shift and click refresh for the changes to show up
      • Hovering over the photo icon on cache listings with show the image
      without having to click through.
      • The inventory of a cache listing now shows the type of Travel Bug
      or Geocoin in the cache.
      • The travel bugs and geocoins have been moved to their own tab
      called "collections" since there are so many new geocoins now.
      • The Travel bug distance calculation has changed. There will be a
      few days before the distance calculations update correctly so please be
      • Many small bug fixes and changes

      Additionally, there is a capability we will be releasing shortly for
      cache owners to be able to add additional waypoints for a cache. These
      will be for storing hidden final coordinates for mystery caches, stages
      of a multi, puzzle questions, and parking coordinates. We need to do
      some work on our infrastructure to make sure it is working ok, so
      expect the new feature shortly.
      I especially like the mouse roll-over to see pictures added to logs.
      I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life
      in its jewel boxes is endless as the sand, impossible
      to count, pure, and made the jellyfish full of light
      and untied its knot, letting its musical threads fall
      from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-pearl.

      -Pablo Neruda