Re: Loneliest Cache Award

  • Gabrielle
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
      Hello CCGCA group:

      I would like to respond to Touchstone's quest for loneliest caches.
      It took a bit of study before I could answer. My closest caches are
      all in the Santa Cruz area. As it turns out some of the loneliest
      caches are also ones I haven't visited yet. Let me tell you what I
      know about them:

      1. "Call Before Digging" at Wilder Ranch State Park was last found
      March 10, 2004. I am sure it is still there but I hesitate to go
      because every log entry is a tale of woe, starting with the Marky &
      Joani tick saga.

      2. A set of caches along the Hwy 1 stretch of beaches going towards
      Davenport called "For Your Eyes Only" & "You Only Live Twice" was
      last found in April by Sgt Stitches & the Cruz Commandos. I think
      they had fun, but was uncertain after Cpl Kiwi's description at the
      Scotts Valley Geocache Picnic.

      3. "Shake Your Bootie" at the Loma Prieta epicenter at Nisene Marks
      State Park was last found May 2004 and I have been dying to go, but
      have not been able to convince anyone else to go with me.

      These were the loneliest Santa Cruz caches I see, that are still out
      there and waiting for someone to visit.

      I hope you guys are getting out more than I am these days!

      Chickasaw (Gabrielle)

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" <msmelser@m...> wrote:

      > I saw a thread on the forums about the Loneliest Cache Award. So
      > just for the heck of it I did a search of my closest caches (up to
      10
      > pages) and came up with the following (I didn't include disabled
      > caches): drum roll please!
      >
      > Looks like David21 and the Fisherwoman get the Loneliest Cache
      Award
      > for my closest list. I'm A Baaaaaad Boy in San Juan Buatista last
      > found on January 2, 2004 (just recently reactivated, so it has a
      bit
      > of an advantage).
      >
      > A distant second goes to Pinetree Path by our illustrious moderator
      > of the group CBN. Last found April 7, 2004
      >
      > And a surprising third place finish goes to Dagwood and Blondy for
      > Fort Ord Back Country. It has a few DNF's so it may not be there.
      > Last found April 10, 2004.
      >
      > How about you guys up in SC/SV? What's your lonliest cache?
    • Sergeant Stitches
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
        Re: [CCGC] Re: Loneliest Cache Award Hi guys-

        Just got back from the Caribbean (nine caches found) and thought I'd try to do a little catching up on e-mail:

        North of Davenport, but south of Ano Nuevo is a cache called "Canada De la Salud".  It was last found in December of 2003, with no reported DNFs since then.... pretty lonely guy up there.

        The two multis, "For Your Eyes Only" & "You Only Live Twice", were really great.... but be prepared for an all day hunt and a LONG drive.  Both multis together took all day and the final destination is north of Half Moon Bay.  I think there was something like 10 locations all together with three actual caches to find.  Lots of fun and some really neat locations.  A great way to see the coast.

        -Lance
        (aka Sgt Stitches)

        From: "Gabrielle" <go2garrett@...>
        Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 06:33:29 -0000
        To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [CCGC] Re: Loneliest Cache Award

        Hello CCGCA group:

        I would like to respond to Touchstone's quest for loneliest caches.
        It took a bit of study before I could answer.   My closest caches are
        all in the Santa Cruz area.  As it turns out some of the loneliest
        caches are also ones I haven't visited yet.  Let me tell you what I
        know about them:

        1.  "Call Before Digging" at Wilder Ranch State Park was last found
        March 10, 2004.  I am sure it is still there but I hesitate to go
        because every log entry is a tale of woe, starting with the Marky &
        Joani tick saga.

        2.  A set of caches along the Hwy 1 stretch of beaches going towards
        Davenport called "For Your Eyes Only" & "You Only Live Twice" was
        last found in April by Sgt Stitches & the Cruz Commandos.  I think
        they had fun, but was uncertain after Cpl Kiwi's description at the
        Scotts Valley Geocache Picnic.

        3.  "Shake Your Bootie" at the Loma Prieta epicenter at Nisene Marks
        State Park was last found May 2004 and I have been dying to go, but
        have not been able to convince anyone else to go with me.

        These were the loneliest Santa Cruz caches I see, that are still out
        there and waiting for someone to visit.

        I hope you guys are getting out more than I am these days!

        Chickasaw (Gabrielle)

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" <msmelser@m...> wrote:

        > I saw a thread on the forums about the Loneliest Cache Award.  So
        > just for the heck of it I did a search of my closest caches (up to
        10
        > pages) and came up with the following (I didn't include disabled
        > caches):  drum roll please!
        >
        > Looks like David21 and the Fisherwoman get the Loneliest Cache
        Award
        > for my closest list.  I'm A Baaaaaad Boy in San Juan Buatista last
        > found on January 2, 2004 (just recently reactivated, so it has a
        bit
        > of an advantage).
        >
        > A distant second goes to Pinetree Path by our illustrious moderator
        > of the group CBN. Last found April 7, 2004
        >
        > And a surprising third place finish goes to Dagwood and Blondy for
        > Fort Ord Back Country.  It has a few DNF's so it may not be there.
        > Last found April 10, 2004.
        >
        > How about you guys up in SC/SV?  What's your lonliest cache?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1295hgg1u/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705065786:HM/EXP=1099722882/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ilspoqn/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099636482414212>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • rostmi
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
          I agree. The James Bond caches were a lot of fun but did require all
          day to complete them. I would recommend them highly, though. Plan on
          dinner in Half Moon Bay as Sarge mentioned.

          Chickasaw - I've been menaing to get to Shake Your Booty for about
          two months now. I'm hoping to do it realaly soon (and maybe drop a
          new cache in Nisene Marks as well since there really aren't that
          many. Just need to find a suitable place...)

          Best,
          Ron
          (Kealia)

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Sergeant Stitches <sgt_stitches@s...>