Climbing Cache

    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2004
      OK, I'm curious. So is this new climbing cache in Monterey County?
      Or will I need to drive 3-4 hours to get to it?

      On another topic: is there any interest in having a pizza gathering
      at Sanctuary Rock Gym? They have a small balcony there set aside for
      parties. I can't figure out from thier website if it actually costs
      money to reserve the balcony, or they assume that folks will pony up
      the money for the equipment rental and instruction. They do state
      that guests can enter the club for free to attend the party, which
      supports my assumption about the fee.

      Another possible location is the roller skating rink on Del Monte
      Ave. I've never actually been inside the facility to know whether
      it's a place you could hold a dinner or not. I know people have had
      parties there.

      Go ahead and toss ideas around if anyone's got some ideas. You
      certainly won't hurt my feelings ;)
    • cdjm03
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2004
        Hmmm, do we have to climb up to the balcony to actually get to the
        pizza??

        --BuckyDef
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2004
          Alright, this is too quiet on the climbing cache :/ I'm going to
          speculate: I think it's out by the Bunny Cache/Musical Cross area.
          Some nice looking granite boulders out there.

          Next question: is it a regular or a micro? I'd hate to have to look
          for a micro stuffed in a crack or something, while trying to grapple
          up a rock face :0

          And to answer BuckyDef: No! There's a stairway leading up to the
          balcony :) I dropped by this weekend during my hardware store run,
          and asked about the cost. It sounded like my one theory was
          correct. They count on a few folks to pay for equipment/instruction
          to pay for the use of the balcony. If I remember right, the cost was
          $15.00/person for shoes/harness/belay slave. If you already have
          equipment and the knowledge, then it's cheaper. They do require a
          quick instruction even for experienced climbers, and a signed waiver.