Today's Cacher

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2004
      Wow! We made the cut for local organizations in Today's Cacher.
      We're even listed ahead of the River City crowd (a way more active
      group than us). Funny that the Southern Cal group isn't listed.

      Had anyone submitted an Earthcache in our area yet. I was thinking
      that the little seismograph outside the Mission at San Juan Bautista
      was a pretty obvious one. It's right along the San Andreas after
      all. I'm heading up to Yosemite this weekend for a VIP weekend
      (Volunteer In the Park) and was thinking of checking out Olmstead
      Point as a possibility (Tioga Pass Road).

      Speaking of which....would there be any interest if I checked out
      doing a CITO event through the VIP program? Requires a day of work
      in exchange for a free campsite in the Yellowpine Campground
      (primitive campground below Sentinel Rock). The work ranges from
      cleaning up campgrounds, trail maintainence, etc. I've even been
      involved with construction of a backcountry kiosk, and ditch
      digging. The season is kind of coming to a close for this year, but
      maybe next spring.