Re: [CCGC] CCGC Ordering Update

  • Lance Thornley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hi Antony-

      Yeah, we were on the same page regarding GBA coinclub being locals  ;-)  ...  That's why I talked with Dave first.  Dave has reduced his club count and I see you've reduced yours as well.   Total pre-orders are now at 278... That should be plenty for any last minute locals to jump in.  And it won't be any problem not being at exactly 300.  I've already had a few people say they'd like to up their orders if there are any left.

      If I need to do any more limits... we'll probably start with some of the larger individual orders... but for the moment, I think the coin club orders are good to go as they currently exist in the pre-order database.  Thanks for being so flexible!

      -Lance

      Antony Wilson <antonyw@...> wrote:
      Hi Lance

      I scanned the database and deleted duplicate orders
      from my club order so we are down to 50 coins.  Let me
      know if we need to trim more or just have the members
      submit their own if that is easier.

      Antony

      --- Lance <sgt_stitches@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hi Everyone-

      Reminder:  the "DATABASE", not the old "POLL" is where
      you need to
      put your pre-order.

      The pre-ordering has been a big success!  Maybe a
      little too
      successful  ;-)  So far, there are requests for 328
      coins in the
      database, so we will need to do a little bit of
      limiting. (Thanks to
      Jeff for pointing that out early)

      I think I would like to work with NurseDave and Bullit
      to begin with
      to see if we can reduce those orders to maybe no more
      than 2 coins
      per coinclub member.  If LOCAL members of those coin
      clubs want more
      than that, they could potentially order directly
      through CCGC.

      Remember, our goal is to make sure that all CCGC
      members will be
      able to get one of these coins and not miss out
      because we sold
      out.  If we go over 300, we will start with the larger
      orders and
      start reducing those.  I understand the coin groups
      probably need to
      order a multiple of some number (eg: if 40 members,
      they need 40, 80
      or 120).

      So Dave ... would you mind reducing your order to two
      coins per
      member? (and you don't need to order any for me, I'll
      order through
      CCGC)

      -Lance

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "J Smith" <custom@i...>
      wrote:

      > I would like 15 coins but will drop to 10 so others
      can get what
      they want
      > Jeff
      > HotRod62

      production!  The
      artwork is
      > > looking great with just a few changes.  Ron will
      post the final
      > > artwork when it is back from the artist.
      > >
      > > We are ready to start "officially" taking
      pre-orders.  If you
      look
      > > to the left of the CCGC Yahoo!Group home page, you
      will see one
      of
      > > the choices is "Database".  Click on there and you
      will see
      > > the "CCGC Coin pre-ordering" database.
      > >
      > > Try this link if you can't find the database link:
      method=reportRows&tbl=2

      > > Click on the database and then "add record" to
      place your pre-
      > > order.  If you do not pre-order, we cannot
      guarantee there will
      be
      > > any coins left to purchase.. so don't wait!
      Pre-ordering will
      close
      > > by December 7th.
      > >
      > > Coins will be $5 ea (assuming we don't get any
      surprises from
      the
      > > manufacturer).
      > >
      > > We will be producing 300 geocoins in a polished
      Gold finish.

      > > You will have to pick up your coins in person...
      no
      > > shipping/mailing... in either Monterey or Santa
      Cruz.

      > > There is currently no limit to the quantity
      members can order,
      but
      > > if we start to run out, we will impose a limit...
      so there is no
      > > guarantee that you will be able to order as many
      as you like. We
      > > don't anticipate any problems... but you never
      know!

      > > We will start accepting pre-payment in about a
      week.

      > > I think all the input we have received from people
      in the group
      has
      > > made this a great looking coin that represents our
      group! It has
      > > taken a while to settle on a design, but the end
      results are
      > > terrific!
      > >
      > > -Lance
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links