Re: [CCGC] Cache of the Year Poll

  • Lance Thornley
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
      Hi Touchstone-

      I didn't submit any for the original poll.... missed the deadline and I was new to the group, so wasn't sure how it worked.

      -Lance

      touchstone12002 <msmelser@...> wrote:
      Chikasaw and the Sarg have a good point.  For myself, I rarely get up
      that direction, although I do check out the new caches up there.  I
      did notice the lack of Santa Cruz caches in the poll, and maybe a
      second poll could be constructed for the N Bay area.

      Just a quick question: did you guys submit some candidates for up
      there?

      I also noticed that a couple of the candidates are from previous
      years.  I submitted caches placed in 2004 for the poll.

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Lance Thornley <sgt_stitches@s...>
      wrote:
      > I have to second Chickasaw, in that I haven't been to any of those
      caches either.  In the Santa Cruz area, one of my favorites is
      Zenone's "Houdini's Hideaway Magic Exchange" (GCKE7Y).

      > Maybe we could have a more localized poll for favorite (not sure of
      the extent of the group, but maybe: Big Sur Area, Monterey/Salinas,
      Watsonville, Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley.... or maybe just North Bay and
      South Bay?) and then have a run-off between finalists?  If the local
      winners could be announced a couple of months before the finals...
      people could have a chance to try to get to the finalists before
      final voting.

      > Just my .02 worth. :-)

      > -Lance
      > (Sgt Stitches)
      > Reporting in from Washington, DC.

      > ggbahai4 <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
      > Hi all:
      >
      > I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote.  If you
      happen
      > to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too.  I think my
      > favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches
      and
      > the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.
      >
      > I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
      > to visit it next time I am going south!
      >
      > Chickasaw (of ynots4)

      Service.