Re: [CCGC] Digest Number 99

  • Ron Dorsey
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2005
      Yes, the typos and fonts will be corrected i nthe next revision. I jsut wanted to get all of the changes at the same time before going back to them.

      ccgca@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/60TolB/TM

      There are 8 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
      From: "teambiggeeks"
      2. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
      From: "teambiggeeks"
      3. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
      From: "buckydef"
      4. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
      From: Gabrielle
      5. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
      From: "Kealia"
      6. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
      From: ARCSKY@...
      7. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
      From: "ed777"
      8. typos on coin draft
      From: "Susie"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:27:55 -0000
      From: "teambiggeeks"
      Subject: Re: CCGC Group Coin Update

      I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote

      but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
      quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
      roots.

      - BGB

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

      > teambiggeeks wrote:
      >
      > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
      > >

      > How about:
      > "It's just a short walk..."
      >
      > --Marky

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:20:51 -0000
      From: "teambiggeeks"

      Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

      How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
      wrote:

      > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
      >
      > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
      > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
      > roots.
      >
      > - BGB
      >
      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:
      > >
      > > teambiggeeks wrote:
      > >
      > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
      > > >

      > > How about:
      > > "It's just a short walk..."
      > >
      > > --Marky

      Message: 3
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:53:35 -0000
      From: "buckydef"

      Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.

      bucky

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" wrote:

      > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
      >
      > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!
      >

      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
      > >
      > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
      > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
      > > roots.
      > >
      > > - BGB
      > >
      > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

      > > > How about:
      > > > "It's just a short walk..."
      > > >
      > > > --Marky

      Message: 4
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:54:30 -0800 (PST)
      From: Gabrielle

      I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
      much better. - Chickasaw

      teambiggeeks wrote:Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

      wrote:

      > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
      >
      > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
      > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
      > roots.
      >
      > - BGB
      >
      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:
      > >
      > > teambiggeeks wrote:
      > >
      > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
      > > >

      > > How about:
      > > "It's just a short walk..."
      > >
      > > --Marky

      Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California central coast real estate Central coast california California central coast Central coast hotel

      ---------------------------------

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:56:34 -0000
      From: "Kealia"

      Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
      BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
      along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
      cluttered and busy.

      What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
      wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
      persepctive, less is more.

      I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
      it out.

      Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
      the details.

      - Ron

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle wrote:

      > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
      > much better. - Chickasaw
      >
      > teambiggeeks wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
      put 2 and 2 together

      > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
      time"?!

      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
      > >
      > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
      geocaching
      > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
      its
      > > roots.
      > >
      > > - BGB
      > >
      > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

      > > > How about:
      > > > "It's just a short walk..."
      > > >
      > > > --Marky

      > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
      central coast real estate Central coast california California
      central coast Central coast hotel

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------

      Message: 6
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:17:22 EST
      From: ARCSKY@...

      I'm for "Just a short walk..." if anything.
      Drew

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 7
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:45:52 -0000
      From: "ed777"

      What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
      The cities is definatly out in my opinion. Too cluttered, AND it
      doesn't list Felton. :)

      - ed777

      wrote:

      > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
      > central coast real estate Central coast california California
      > central coast Central coast hotel

      > Service.
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------

      Message: 8
      Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:56:37 -0000
      From: "Susie"
      Subject: typos on coin draft

      Thanks to Lance and Ron for picking up the ball on the coin design and technical aspects. I
      just took a look at the lastest image posted to the group site. I zoomed in on the larger
      version and noticed that Navigate and the gc.com url are both spelled incorrectly (oops!).

      I'm not sure if I like the font used for Monterey Bay -- the e's look odd to me. And while I
      agree that the cities around the border makes it look cluttered, I do like the idea of a
      quote. Those are just my two opinions - take them for what they're worth.

      Thanks again for all the hard work.
      -Coralgeo

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Gabrielle

        From: "teambiggeeks"
        2. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
        From: "teambiggeeks"
        3. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
        From: "buckydef"
        4. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
        From: Gabrielle
        5. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
        From: "Kealia"
        6. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
        From: ARCSKY@...
        7. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
        From: "ed777"
        8. typos on coin draft
        From: "Susie"

        Message: 1
        Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:27:55 -0000
        From: "teambiggeeks"

        I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote

        but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
        quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
        roots.

        - BGB

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

        > teambiggeeks wrote:
        >
        > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
        > >

        > How about:
        > "It's just a short walk..."
        >
        > --Marky

        Message: 2
        Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:20:51 -0000
        From: "teambiggeeks"

        wrote:

        > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
        >
        > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
        > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
        > roots.
        >
        > - BGB
        >
        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:
        > >
        > > teambiggeeks wrote:
        > >
        > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
        > > >

        > > How about:
        > > "It's just a short walk..."
        > >
        > > --Marky

        Message: 3
        Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:53:35 -0000
        From: "buckydef"

        Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.

        bucky

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" wrote:

        > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
        >
        > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!
        >

        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
        > >
        > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
        > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
        > > roots.
        > >
        > > - BGB
        > >
        > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

        > > > How about:
        > > > "It's just a short walk..."
        > > >
        > > > --Marky

        Message: 4
        Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:54:30 -0800 (PST)
        From: Gabrielle

        Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:56:34 -0000
        From: "Kealia"

        Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
        BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
        along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
        cluttered and busy.

        What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
        wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
        persepctive, less is more.

        I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
        it out.

        Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
        the details.

        - Ron

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle wrote:

        > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
        > much better. - Chickasaw
        >
        > teambiggeeks wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
        put 2 and 2 together

        > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
        time"?!

        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
        > >
        > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
        geocaching
        > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
        its
        > > roots.
        > >
        > > - BGB
        > >
        > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

        > > > How about:
        > > > "It's just a short walk..."
        > > >
        > > > --Marky

        > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
        central coast real estate Central coast california California
        central coast Central coast hotel

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------

        Message: 6

        Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:45:52 -0000
        From: "ed777"

        wrote:

        > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
        > central coast real estate Central coast california California
        > central coast Central coast hotel

        > Service.
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------

        Message: 8

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2005
          no, that's me trying to multi-task.......

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

          > Was taht a jkoe Ron?
          >
          > Ron Dorsey <rostmi@y...> wrote:Yes, the typos and fonts will be
          corrected i nthe next revision. I jsut wanted to get all of the
          changes at the same time before going back to them.

          > ccgca@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >
          > There are 8 messages in this issue.
          >
          > Topics in this digest:
          >
          > 1. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          > From: "teambiggeeks"
          > 2. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          > From: "teambiggeeks"
          > 3. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          > From: "buckydef"
          > 4. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          > From: Gabrielle
          > 5. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          > From: "Kealia"
          > 6. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          > From: ARCSKY@a...
          > 7. Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          > From: "ed777"
          > 8. typos on coin draft
          > From: "Susie"

          ___

          ___

          > Message: 1
          > Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:27:55 -0000
          > From: "teambiggeeks"
          > Subject: Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          >
          > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
          >
          > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
          > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
          > roots.
          >
          > - BGB
          >
          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:
          > >
          > > teambiggeeks wrote:
          > >
          > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
          > > >

          > > How about:
          > > "It's just a short walk..."
          > >
          > > --Marky

          ___

          ___

          > Message: 2
          > Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:20:51 -0000
          > From: "teambiggeeks"
          > Subject: Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          >
          > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
          >
          > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
          time"?!

          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
          > >
          > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
          geocaching
          > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
          its
          > > roots.
          > >
          > > - BGB
          > >
          > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

          > > > How about:
          > > > "It's just a short walk..."
          > > >
          > > > --Marky

          ___

          ___

          > Message: 3
          > Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:53:35 -0000
          > From: "buckydef"
          > Subject: Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          >
          > Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.
          >
          > bucky
          >
          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
          > >
          > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
          time"?!

          > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
          > > >
          > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
          geocaching
          > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
          its
          > > > roots.
          > > >
          > > > - BGB

          ___

          ___

> [...]
          >
          > - Ron
          >

          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle wrote:
          > >
          > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
          > > much better. - Chickasaw
          > >
          > > teambiggeeks wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
          > put 2 and 2 together
          > >
          > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
          > time"?!
          > >

          > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
          > > >
          > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
          > geocaching
          > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
          > its
          > > > roots.
          > > >
          > > > - BGB

          > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
          > central coast real estate Central coast california California

          ___

          ___

          > Message: 6
          > Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:17:22 EST
          > From: ARCSKY@a...
          > Subject: Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          >
          > I'm for "Just a short walk..." if anything.
          > Drew
          >

          > [This message contained attachments]

          ___

          ___

          > Message: 7
          > Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:45:52 -0000
          > From: "ed777"
          > Subject: Re: CCGC Group Coin Update
          >
          > What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
          > The cities is definatly out in my opinion. Too cluttered, AND it
          > doesn't list Felton. :)
          >
          > - ed777
          >
          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" wrote:
          > >
          > > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
          > > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer
          ring
          > > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin
          look
          > > cluttered and busy.
          > >
          > > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
          > > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
          > > persepctive, less is more.
          > >
          > > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go
          check
          > > it out.
          > >
          > > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for
          all
          > > the details.
          > >
          > > - Ron
          > >

          > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
          > > > much better. - Chickasaw
          > > >
          > > > teambiggeeks wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
          > > put 2 and 2 together
          > > >
          > > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
          > > time"?!
          > > >

          > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks"

          > > geocaching
          > > its

          > > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
          > > central coast real estate Central coast california California
          > > central coast Central coast hotel

          > > Service.
          > > >

          > > > ---------------------------------

          ___

          ___

          > Message: 8
          > Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:56:37 -0000
          > From: "Susie"
          > Subject: typos on coin draft
          >
          > Thanks to Lance and Ron for picking up the ball on the coin design
          and technical aspects. I
          > just took a look at the lastest image posted to the group site. I
          zoomed in on the larger
          > version and noticed that Navigate and the gc.com url are both
          spelled incorrectly (oops!).

          > I'm not sure if I like the font used for Monterey Bay -- the e's
          look odd to me. And while I
          > agree that the cities around the border makes it look cluttered, I
          do like the idea of a
          > quote. Those are just my two opinions - take them for what they're
          worth.

          > Thanks again for all the hard work.
          > -Coralgeo

          ___