Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update

  • buckydef
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
      Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.

      bucky

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:

      > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
      >
      > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!
      >

      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
      > >
      > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
      > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
      > > roots.
      > >
      > > - BGB
      > >
      > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

      > > > How about:
      > > > "It's just a short walk..."
      > > >
      > > > --Marky

    • Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
        I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
        much better.      - Chickasaw

        teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:
        Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

        How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

        > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
        >
        > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall geocaching
        > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
        > roots.
        >
        > - BGB
        >
        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > teambiggeeks wrote:
        > >
        > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
        > > >

        > > How about:
        > > "It's just a short walk..."
        > >
        > > --Marky

      • Kealia
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
          Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
          BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
          along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
          cluttered and busy.

          What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
          wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
          persepctive, less is more.

          I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
          it out.

          Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
          the details.

          - Ron

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

          > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
          > much better. - Chickasaw
          >
          > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
          put 2 and 2 together

          > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
          time"?!

          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
          > >
          > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
          geocaching
          > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
          its
          > > roots.
          > >
          > > - BGB
          > >
          > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

          > > > How about:
          > > > "It's just a short walk..."
          > > >
          > > > --Marky

          > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
          central coast real estate Central coast california California
          central coast Central coast hotel

          Service.

        • ARCSKY@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
            I'm for "Just a short walk..." if anything.
            Drew
          • ed777
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
              What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
              The cities is definatly out in my opinion. Too cluttered, AND it
              doesn't list Felton. :)

              - ed777

              --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

              > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
              > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
              > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
              > cluttered and busy.
              >
              > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
              > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
              > persepctive, less is more.
              >
              > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
              > it out.
              >
              > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
              > the details.
              >
              > - Ron
              >

              > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
              > > much better. - Chickasaw
              > >
              > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
              > put 2 and 2 together
              > >
              > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
              > time"?!
              > >

              > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
              > > >
              > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
              > geocaching
              > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
              > its
              > > > roots.
              > > >
              > > > - BGB
              > > >
              > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

              > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
              > central coast real estate Central coast california California
              > central coast Central coast hotel

              > Service.

            • Webpro
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                I have always liked "Monterey bay - The California Gold Coast"!

                No one mentioned "Steinbeck Country"?

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                --
                "Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular!"