Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update

    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
      Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

      How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

      > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
      >
      > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
      > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
      > roots.
      >
      > - BGB
      >
      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > teambiggeeks wrote:
      > >
      > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
      > > >

      > > How about:
      > > "It's just a short walk..."
      > >
      > > --Marky

    • buckydef
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
        Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.

        bucky

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:

        > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
        >
        > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!
        >

        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
        > >
        > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
        > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
        > > roots.
        > >
        > > - BGB
        > >
        > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

        > > > How about:
        > > > "It's just a short walk..."
        > > >
        > > > --Marky

      • Gabrielle
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
          I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
          much better.      - Chickasaw

          teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:
          Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

          How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

          > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
          >
          > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall geocaching
          > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
          > roots.
          >
          > - BGB
          >
          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > teambiggeeks wrote:
          > >
          > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
          > > >

          > > How about:
          > > "It's just a short walk..."
          > >
          > > --Marky

        • Kealia
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
            Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
            BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
            along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
            cluttered and busy.

            What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
            wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
            persepctive, less is more.

            I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
            it out.

            Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
            the details.

            - Ron

            --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

            > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
            > much better. - Chickasaw
            >
            > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
            put 2 and 2 together

            > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
            time"?!

            > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
            > >
            > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
            geocaching
            > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
            its
            > > roots.
            > >
            > > - BGB
            > >
            > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

            > > > How about:
            > > > "It's just a short walk..."
            > > >
            > > > --Marky

            > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
            central coast real estate Central coast california California
            central coast Central coast hotel

            Service.

          • ARCSKY@aol.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
              I'm for "Just a short walk..." if anything.
              Drew
            • ed777
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
                The cities is definatly out in my opinion. Too cluttered, AND it
                doesn't list Felton. :)

                - ed777

                --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

                > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                > cluttered and busy.
                >
                > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                > persepctive, less is more.
                >
                > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                > it out.
                >
                > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                > the details.
                >
                > - Ron
                >

                > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                > > much better. - Chickasaw
                > >
                > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                > put 2 and 2 together
                > >
                > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                > time"?!
                > >

                > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                > > >
                > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
                > geocaching
                > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                > its
                > > > roots.
                > > >
                > > > - BGB
                > > >
                > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

                > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                > central coast real estate Central coast california California
                > central coast Central coast hotel

                > Service.

              • Webpro
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                  I have always liked "Monterey bay - The California Gold Coast"!

                  No one mentioned "Steinbeck Country"?

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  --
                  "Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular!"