Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update

  • Michael Swartz
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
      Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update I'm not on the list to buy a coin, so feel free to disregard my vote, but I think the best quote for a geocaching coin is the "everywhere is walking distance..."

      From: "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@...>
      Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:49:28 -0000
      To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update

      I too agree that something should replace the cities text, but I'm
      not too crazy about the URL.  It makes perfect sense, but our URL is
      a little involved and does it bug anyone else that the group's
      initials in the URL are CCGCA instead of CCGC?  (I'm not loosing too
      much sleep over it though ;))
      How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:

      "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
      ~John Muir

      "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."  ~Steven
      Wright

      "Death before DNF" ~ BGB

      "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?"
      Edgar Bergen.

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Susie Cochran <susie@s...> wrote:

      > I thought all the names around the edge looked too busy also. I
      don't
      > remember what the layout looked like, but am open to other
      > suggestions.  How about the URL for the Yahoo group instead?
      >
      > >We have the initial artwork back from the manufacturer and after
      a few
      > >corrections, the artwork will be posted to the group.
      > >
      > >Cost is looking like $5 per coin.
      > >
      > >Here are a couple of updates:
      > >
      > >1.The coins will be un-numbered.  There was really no good place
      > >put the numbering without negatively affecting the artwork and we
      > >didn't want to worry about who got what numbers. This will also
      save a
      > >little bit in the cost.
      > >
      > >2. One question remains.... the city names around the outside of
      the
      > >coin make the coin a little on the "busy" side and there is no
      way to
      > >get ALL the city names on the coin.  So we are considering
      removing
      > >the city names from around the outside of the coin and leaving it
      as
      > >bare metal.  The flags with Monterey and Santa Cruz would
      remain...
      > >but these are more a reflection of the counties rather than the
      cities.

      > >So I am looking for final feedback on whether or not we want the
      city
      > >names around the outside.  Please post your comments here on the
      > >message board.
      > >
      > >Thanks.
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Susan Cochran
      > susie@s...
      > http://www.scubasue.com
      >
      > I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life in its jewel
      boxes
      > is endless as the sand, impossible to count, pure, and made the
      > jellyfish full of light and untied its knot, letting its musical
      > threads fall from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-
      pearl.
      > -Pablo Neruda

             Central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ms9> Central coast home loan <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+home+loan&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ROqDw> California central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=1> Central coast california <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+california&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=nkDR> California central coast <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ellM> Central coast hotel <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+hotel&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=JP7Rgz1le>

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • ARCSKY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
        How 'bout "we're almost there"

        Drew
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
          I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote

          but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
          quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
          roots.

          - BGB

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
            Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

            How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

            > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
            >
            > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
            > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
            > roots.
            >
            > - BGB
            >
            > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > teambiggeeks wrote:
            > >
            > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
            > > >

            > > How about:
            > > "It's just a short walk..."
            > >
            > > --Marky

          • buckydef
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
              Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.

              bucky

              --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:

              > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
              >
              > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!
              >

              > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
              > >
              > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
              > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
              > > roots.
              > >
              > > - BGB
              > >
              > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

              > > > How about:
              > > > "It's just a short walk..."
              > > >
              > > > --Marky

            • Gabrielle
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                much better.      - Chickasaw

                teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:
                Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

                How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

                > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                >
                > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall geocaching
                > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                > roots.
                >
                > - BGB
                >
                > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > teambiggeeks wrote:
                > >
                > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
                > > >

                > > How about:
                > > "It's just a short walk..."
                > >
                > > --Marky

              • Kealia
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                  Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                  BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                  along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                  cluttered and busy.

                  What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                  wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                  persepctive, less is more.

                  I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                  it out.

                  Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                  the details.

                  - Ron

                  --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

                  > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                  > much better. - Chickasaw
                  >
                  > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                  put 2 and 2 together

                  > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                  time"?!

                  > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                  > >
                  > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
                  geocaching
                  > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                  its
                  > > roots.
                  > >
                  > > - BGB
                  > >
                  > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

                  > > > How about:
                  > > > "It's just a short walk..."
                  > > >
                  > > > --Marky

                  > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                  central coast real estate Central coast california California
                  central coast Central coast hotel

                  Service.

                • ARCSKY@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                    I'm for "Just a short walk..." if anything.
                    Drew
                  • ed777
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                      What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
                      The cities is definatly out in my opinion. Too cluttered, AND it
                      doesn't list Felton. :)

                      - ed777

                      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

                      > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                      > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                      > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                      > cluttered and busy.
                      >
                      > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                      > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                      > persepctive, less is more.
                      >
                      > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                      > it out.
                      >
                      > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                      > the details.
                      >
                      > - Ron
                      >

                      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                      > > much better. - Chickasaw
                      > >
                      > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                      > put 2 and 2 together
                      > >
                      > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                      > time"?!
                      > >

                      > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                      > > >
                      > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
                      > geocaching
                      > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                      > its
                      > > > roots.
                      > > >
                      > > > - BGB
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

                      > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                      > central coast real estate Central coast california California
                      > central coast Central coast hotel

                      > Service.
                      > >

                      > > ---------------------------------

                    • Webpro
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                        I have always liked "Monterey bay - The California Gold Coast"!

                        No one mentioned "Steinbeck Country"?

                        On 11/16/05, ed777 <ed777de@...> wrote:
                        What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
                        The cities is definatly out in my opinion.  Too cluttered, AND it
                        doesn't list Felton.  :)

                        - ed777

                        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

                        > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                        > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                        > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                        > cluttered and busy.
                        >
                        > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                        > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                        > persepctive, less is more.
                        >
                        > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                        > it out.
                        >
                        > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                        > the details.
                        >
                        > - Ron
                        >

                        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                        > > much better.      - Chickasaw
                        > >
                        > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                        > put 2 and 2 together
                        > >
                        > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                        > time"?!
                        > >

                        > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                        > > >
                        > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall
                        > geocaching
                        > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                        > its
                        > > > roots.
                        > > >
                        > > > - BGB
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

                        > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                        > central coast real estate Central coast california California
                        > central coast Central coast hotel

                        > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                        > Service.

                        Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California central coast real estate
                        Central coast california California central coast Central coast hotel

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        --
                        "Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular!"