Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update

  • Mark Yvanovich
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
      teambiggeeks wrote:

      >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:

      How about:
      "It's just a short walk..."

      --Marky
    • Susie Cochran
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
        That would be a nice shout out to Don. I'd even send him one of my
        coins as a momento if that ends up being the final saying. I like all
        of Ben's quotes too.

        On Nov 14, 2005, at 11:58 PM, Mark Yvanovich wrote:

        > teambiggeeks wrote:
        >
        >> How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
        >>

        > How about:
        > "It's just a short walk..."
        >
        > --Marky
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ----------------
        I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life
        in its jewel boxes is endless as the sand, impossible
        to count, pure, and made the jellyfish full of light
        and untied its knot, letting its musical threads fall
        from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-pearl.

        -Pablo Neruda
      • Michael Swartz
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
          Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update I'm not on the list to buy a coin, so feel free to disregard my vote, but I think the best quote for a geocaching coin is the "everywhere is walking distance..."

          From: "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@...>
          Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:49:28 -0000
          To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update

          I too agree that something should replace the cities text, but I'm
          not too crazy about the URL.  It makes perfect sense, but our URL is
          a little involved and does it bug anyone else that the group's
          initials in the URL are CCGCA instead of CCGC?  (I'm not loosing too
          much sleep over it though ;))
          How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:

          "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
          ~John Muir

          "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."  ~Steven
          Wright

          "Death before DNF" ~ BGB

          "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?"
          Edgar Bergen.

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Susie Cochran <susie@s...> wrote:

          > I thought all the names around the edge looked too busy also. I
          don't
          > remember what the layout looked like, but am open to other
          > suggestions.  How about the URL for the Yahoo group instead?
          >
          > >We have the initial artwork back from the manufacturer and after
          a few
          > >corrections, the artwork will be posted to the group.
          > >
          > >Cost is looking like $5 per coin.
          > >
          > >Here are a couple of updates:
          > >
          > >1.The coins will be un-numbered.  There was really no good place
          > >put the numbering without negatively affecting the artwork and we
          > >didn't want to worry about who got what numbers. This will also
          save a
          > >little bit in the cost.
          > >
          > >2. One question remains.... the city names around the outside of
          the
          > >coin make the coin a little on the "busy" side and there is no
          way to
          > >get ALL the city names on the coin.  So we are considering
          removing
          > >the city names from around the outside of the coin and leaving it
          as
          > >bare metal.  The flags with Monterey and Santa Cruz would
          remain...
          > >but these are more a reflection of the counties rather than the
          cities.

          > >So I am looking for final feedback on whether or not we want the
          city
          > >names around the outside.  Please post your comments here on the
          > >message board.
          > >
          > >Thanks.
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Susan Cochran
          > susie@s...
          > http://www.scubasue.com
          >
          > I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life in its jewel
          boxes
          > is endless as the sand, impossible to count, pure, and made the
          > jellyfish full of light and untied its knot, letting its musical
          > threads fall from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-
          pearl.
          > -Pablo Neruda

                 Central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ms9> Central coast home loan <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+home+loan&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ROqDw> California central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=1> Central coast california <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+california&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=nkDR> California central coast <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ellM> Central coast hotel <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+hotel&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=JP7Rgz1le>

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • ARCSKY@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
            How 'bout "we're almost there"

            Drew
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
              I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote

              but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
              quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
              roots.

              - BGB

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

                How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

                > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                >
                > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
                > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                > roots.
                >
                > - BGB
                >
                > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > teambiggeeks wrote:
                > >
                > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
                > > >

                > > How about:
                > > "It's just a short walk..."
                > >
                > > --Marky

              • buckydef
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                  Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.

                  bucky

                  --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:

                  > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
                  >
                  > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!
                  >

                  > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                  > >
                  > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
                  > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                  > > roots.
                  > >
                  > > - BGB
                  > >
                  > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

                  > > > How about:
                  > > > "It's just a short walk..."
                  > > >
                  > > > --Marky

                • Gabrielle
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                    I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                    much better.      - Chickasaw

                    teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:
                    Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

                    How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

                    > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                    >
                    > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall geocaching
                    > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                    > roots.
                    >
                    > - BGB
                    >
                    > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > teambiggeeks wrote:
                    > >
                    > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
                    > > >

                    > > How about:
                    > > "It's just a short walk..."
                    > >
                    > > --Marky

                  • Kealia
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                      Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                      BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                      along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                      cluttered and busy.

                      What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                      wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                      persepctive, less is more.

                      I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                      it out.

                      Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                      the details.

                      - Ron

                      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

                      > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                      > much better. - Chickasaw
                      >
                      > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                      put 2 and 2 together

                      > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                      time"?!

                      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                      > >
                      > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
                      geocaching
                      > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                      its
                      > > roots.
                      > >
                      > > - BGB
                      > >
                      > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

                      > > > How about:
                      > > > "It's just a short walk..."
                      > > >
                      > > > --Marky

                      > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                      central coast real estate Central coast california California
                      central coast Central coast hotel

                      Service.

                    • ARCSKY@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                        I'm for "Just a short walk..." if anything.
                        Drew
                      • ed777
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                          What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
                          The cities is definatly out in my opinion. Too cluttered, AND it
                          doesn't list Felton. :)

                          - ed777

                          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

                          > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                          > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                          > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                          > cluttered and busy.
                          >
                          > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                          > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                          > persepctive, less is more.
                          >
                          > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                          > it out.
                          >
                          > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                          > the details.
                          >
                          > - Ron
                          >

                          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                          > > much better. - Chickasaw
                          > >
                          > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                          > put 2 and 2 together
                          > >
                          > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                          > time"?!
                          > >

                          > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                          > > >
                          > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
                          > geocaching
                          > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                          > its
                          > > > roots.
                          > > >
                          > > > - BGB
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

                          > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                          > central coast real estate Central coast california California
                          > central coast Central coast hotel

                          > Service.
                          > >

                          > > ---------------------------------

                        • Webpro
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                            I have always liked "Monterey bay - The California Gold Coast"!

                            No one mentioned "Steinbeck Country"?

                            On 11/16/05, ed777 <ed777de@...> wrote:
                            What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
                            The cities is definatly out in my opinion.  Too cluttered, AND it
                            doesn't list Felton.  :)

                            - ed777

                            --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

                            > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                            > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                            > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                            > cluttered and busy.
                            >
                            > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                            > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                            > persepctive, less is more.
                            >
                            > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                            > it out.
                            >
                            > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                            > the details.
                            >
                            > - Ron
                            >

                            > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                            > > much better.      - Chickasaw
                            > >
                            > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                            > put 2 and 2 together
                            > >
                            > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                            > time"?!
                            > >

                            > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                            > > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                            > > >
                            > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall
                            > geocaching
                            > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                            > its
                            > > > roots.
                            > > >
                            > > > - BGB
                            > > >
                            > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

                            > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                            > central coast real estate Central coast california California
                            > central coast Central coast hotel

                            > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                            > Service.

                            Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California central coast real estate
                            Central coast california California central coast Central coast hotel

                            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                            --
                            "Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular!"