CCGC Group Coin Update

    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
      We have the initial artwork back from the manufacturer and after a few
      corrections, the artwork will be posted to the group.

      Cost is looking like $5 per coin.

      Here are a couple of updates:

      1.The coins will be un-numbered. There was really no good place to
      put the numbering without negatively affecting the artwork and we
      didn't want to worry about who got what numbers. This will also save a
      little bit in the cost.

      2. One question remains.... the city names around the outside of the
      coin make the coin a little on the "busy" side and there is no way to
      get ALL the city names on the coin. So we are considering removing
      the city names from around the outside of the coin and leaving it as
      bare metal. The flags with Monterey and Santa Cruz would remain...
      but these are more a reflection of the counties rather than the cities.

      So I am looking for final feedback on whether or not we want the city
      names around the outside. Please post your comments here on the
      message board.

      Thanks.
    • Susie Cochran
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
        I thought all the names around the edge looked too busy also. I don't
        remember what the layout looked like, but am open to other
        suggestions. How about the URL for the Yahoo group instead?

        --
        Susan Cochran
        susie@...

        I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life in its jewel boxes
        is endless as the sand, impossible to count, pure, and made the
        jellyfish full of light and untied its knot, letting its musical
        threads fall from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-pearl.
        -Pablo Neruda
      • buckydef
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
          Was there a photo posted to the yahoo group of what was sent in (or
          returned from the manufacturer)? I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm
          just not looking in the right place...

          Thanks,
          Bucky (Corby)

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Lance" <sgt_stitches@s...> wrote:

          > We have the initial artwork back from the manufacturer and after a few
          > corrections, the artwork will be posted to the group.
          >
          > Cost is looking like $5 per coin.
          >
          > Here are a couple of updates:
          >
          > 1.The coins will be un-numbered. There was really no good place to
          > put the numbering without negatively affecting the artwork and we
          > didn't want to worry about who got what numbers. This will also save a
          > little bit in the cost.
          >
          > 2. One question remains.... the city names around the outside of the
          > coin make the coin a little on the "busy" side and there is no way to
          > get ALL the city names on the coin. So we are considering removing
          > the city names from around the outside of the coin and leaving it as
          > bare metal. The flags with Monterey and Santa Cruz would remain...
          > but these are more a reflection of the counties rather than the cities.
          >
          > So I am looking for final feedback on whether or not we want the city
          > names around the outside. Please post your comments here on the
          > message board.
          >
          > Thanks.

        • Gabrielle

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
              I too agree that something should replace the cities text, but I'm
              not too crazy about the URL. It makes perfect sense, but our URL is
              a little involved and does it bug anyone else that the group's
              initials in the URL are CCGCA instead of CCGC? (I'm not loosing too
              much sleep over it though ;))
              How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:

              "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
              ~John Muir

              "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." ~Steven
              Wright

              "Death before DNF" ~ BGB

              "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?"
              Edgar Bergen.

              --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Susie Cochran <susie@s...> wrote:

              > I thought all the names around the edge looked too busy also. I
              don't
              > remember what the layout looked like, but am open to other
              > suggestions. How about the URL for the Yahoo group instead?
              >
              > >We have the initial artwork back from the manufacturer and after
              a few
              > >corrections, the artwork will be posted to the group.
              > >
              > >Cost is looking like $5 per coin.
              > >
              > >Here are a couple of updates:
              > >
              > >1.The coins will be un-numbered. There was really no good place
              > >put the numbering without negatively affecting the artwork and we
              > >didn't want to worry about who got what numbers. This will also
              save a
              > >little bit in the cost.
              > >
              > >2. One question remains.... the city names around the outside of
              the
              > >coin make the coin a little on the "busy" side and there is no
              way to
              > >get ALL the city names on the coin. So we are considering
              removing
              > >the city names from around the outside of the coin and leaving it
              as
              > >bare metal. The flags with Monterey and Santa Cruz would
              remain...
              > >but these are more a reflection of the counties rather than the
              cities.

              > >So I am looking for final feedback on whether or not we want the
              city
              > >names around the outside. Please post your comments here on the
              > >message board.
              > >
              > >Thanks.
              > >

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > Susan Cochran
              > susie@s...
              > http://www.scubasue.com
              >
              > I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life in its jewel
              boxes
              > is endless as the sand, impossible to count, pure, and made the
              > jellyfish full of light and untied its knot, letting its musical
              > threads fall from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-
              pearl.
              > -Pablo Neruda

            • Mark Yvanovich
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
                teambiggeeks wrote:

                >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:

                How about:
                "It's just a short walk..."

                --Marky
              • Susie Cochran
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
                  That would be a nice shout out to Don. I'd even send him one of my
                  coins as a momento if that ends up being the final saying. I like all
                  of Ben's quotes too.

                  ----------------
                  I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life
                  in its jewel boxes is endless as the sand, impossible
                  to count, pure, and made the jellyfish full of light
                  and untied its knot, letting its musical threads fall
                  from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-pearl.

                  -Pablo Neruda
                • Michael Swartz
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
                    Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update I'm not on the list to buy a coin, so feel free to disregard my vote, but I think the best quote for a geocaching coin is the "everywhere is walking distance..."

                    From: "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@...>
                    Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:49:28 -0000
                    To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: Re: [CCGC] CCGC Group Coin Update

                    I too agree that something should replace the cities text, but I'm
                    not too crazy about the URL.  It makes perfect sense, but our URL is
                    a little involved and does it bug anyone else that the group's
                    initials in the URL are CCGCA instead of CCGC?  (I'm not loosing too
                    much sleep over it though ;))
                    How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:

                    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
                    ~John Muir

                    "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."  ~Steven
                    Wright

                    "Death before DNF" ~ BGB

                    "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?"
                    Edgar Bergen.

                    --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Susie Cochran <susie@s...> wrote:

                    > I thought all the names around the edge looked too busy also. I
                    don't
                    > remember what the layout looked like, but am open to other
                    > suggestions.  How about the URL for the Yahoo group instead?
                    >
                    > >We have the initial artwork back from the manufacturer and after
                    a few
                    > >corrections, the artwork will be posted to the group.
                    > >
                    > >Cost is looking like $5 per coin.
                    > >
                    > >Here are a couple of updates:
                    > >
                    > >1.The coins will be un-numbered.  There was really no good place
                    > >put the numbering without negatively affecting the artwork and we
                    > >didn't want to worry about who got what numbers. This will also
                    save a
                    > >little bit in the cost.
                    > >
                    > >2. One question remains.... the city names around the outside of
                    the
                    > >coin make the coin a little on the "busy" side and there is no
                    way to
                    > >get ALL the city names on the coin.  So we are considering
                    removing
                    > >the city names from around the outside of the coin and leaving it
                    as
                    > >bare metal.  The flags with Monterey and Santa Cruz would
                    remain...
                    > >but these are more a reflection of the counties rather than the
                    cities.

                    > >So I am looking for final feedback on whether or not we want the
                    city
                    > >names around the outside.  Please post your comments here on the
                    > >message board.
                    > >
                    > >Thanks.
                    > >

                    > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Susan Cochran
                    > susie@s...
                    > http://www.scubasue.com
                    >
                    > I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life in its jewel
                    boxes
                    > is endless as the sand, impossible to count, pure, and made the
                    > jellyfish full of light and untied its knot, letting its musical
                    > threads fall from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-
                    pearl.
                    > -Pablo Neruda

                           Central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ms9> Central coast home loan <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+home+loan&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ROqDw> California central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=1> Central coast california <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+california&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=nkDR> California central coast <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ellM> Central coast hotel <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+hotel&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=JP7Rgz1le>

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  • ARCSKY@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
                      How 'bout "we're almost there"

                      Drew
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                        I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote

                        but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
                        quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                        roots.

                        - BGB

                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                          Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

                          How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

                          > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                          >
                          > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
                          > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                          > roots.
                          >
                          > - BGB
                          >
                          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > teambiggeeks wrote:
                          > >
                          > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
                          > > >

                          > > How about:
                          > > "It's just a short walk..."
                          > >
                          > > --Marky

                        • buckydef
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                            Seems kinda long Ben. I like "It's just a short walk..." too.

                            bucky

                            --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:

                            > Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together
                            >
                            > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!
                            >

                            > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                            > >
                            > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall geocaching
                            > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                            > > roots.
                            > >
                            > > - BGB
                            > >
                            > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

                            > > > How about:
                            > > > "It's just a short walk..."
                            > > >
                            > > > --Marky

                          • Gabrielle
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                              I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                              much better.      - Chickasaw

                              teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:
                              Okay it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together

                              How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the time"?!

                              > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                              >
                              > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall geocaching
                              > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of its
                              > roots.
                              >
                              > - BGB
                              >
                              > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > teambiggeeks wrote:
                              > >
                              > > >How 'bout a short quote in place of the city names:
                              > > >

                              > > How about:
                              > > "It's just a short walk..."
                              > >
                              > > --Marky

                            • Kealia
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                                Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                                BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                                along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                                cluttered and busy.

                                What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                                wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                                persepctive, less is more.

                                I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                                it out.

                                Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                                the details.

                                - Ron

                                --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

                                > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                                > much better. - Chickasaw
                                >
                                > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                                put 2 and 2 together

                                > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                                time"?!

                                > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                                > >
                                > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
                                geocaching
                                > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                                its
                                > > roots.
                                > >
                                > > - BGB
                                > >
                                > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...> wrote:

                                > > > How about:
                                > > > "It's just a short walk..."
                                > > >
                                > > > --Marky

                                > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                                central coast real estate Central coast california California
                                central coast Central coast hotel

                                Service.

                              • ARCSKY@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                                  I'm for "Just a short walk..." if anything.
                                  Drew
                                • ed777
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                                    What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
                                    The cities is definatly out in my opinion. Too cluttered, AND it
                                    doesn't list Felton. :)

                                    - ed777

                                    --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

                                    > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                                    > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                                    > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                                    > cluttered and busy.
                                    >
                                    > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                                    > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                                    > persepctive, less is more.
                                    >
                                    > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                                    > it out.
                                    >
                                    > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                                    > the details.
                                    >
                                    > - Ron
                                    >

                                    > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                                    > > much better. - Chickasaw
                                    > >
                                    > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                                    > put 2 and 2 together
                                    > >
                                    > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                                    > time"?!
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                                    > > wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                                    > > >
                                    > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion. It's a good overall
                                    > geocaching
                                    > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                                    > its
                                    > > > roots.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > - BGB
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

                                    > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                                    > central coast real estate Central coast california California
                                    > central coast Central coast hotel

                                    > Service.
                                    > >

                                    > > ---------------------------------

                                  • Webpro
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                                      I have always liked "Monterey bay - The California Gold Coast"!

                                      No one mentioned "Steinbeck Country"?

                                      On 11/16/05, ed777 <ed777de@...> wrote:
                                      What about just the "Monterey Bay" on the border and nothing else.
                                      The cities is definatly out in my opinion.  Too cluttered, AND it
                                      doesn't list Felton.  :)

                                      - ed777

                                      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Kealia" <rostmi@y...> wrote:

                                      > Ok, I like the quote itself, too.
                                      > BUT, the point is that having all the words around the outer ring
                                      > along with MONTEREY BAY and the GC URL already makes the coin look
                                      > cluttered and busy.
                                      >
                                      > What we were hoping for was consensus that we should remove ANY
                                      > wording on that outside section altogether. From a design
                                      > persepctive, less is more.
                                      >
                                      > I'll post the picture in a just a minute in the gallery - go check
                                      > it out.
                                      >
                                      > Finally, the coin will be about 2" in diameter to account for all
                                      > the details.
                                      >
                                      > - Ron
                                      >

                                      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > I like simply "It's just a short walk..."
                                      > > much better.      - Chickasaw
                                      > >
                                      > > teambiggeeks <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:Okay it took me awhile to
                                      > put 2 and 2 together
                                      > >
                                      > > How 'bout..."Every cache is just a short walk if you have the
                                      > time"?!
                                      > >

                                      > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
                                      > > wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I also like the "everything's in walking distance......" quote
                                      > > >
                                      > > > but I also like Marky suggesstion.  It's a good overall
                                      > geocaching
                                      > > > quote and only local cahers will understand the regionality of
                                      > its
                                      > > > roots.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > - BGB
                                      > > >
                                      > > > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Mark Yvanovich <marky@y...>

                                      > > Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California
                                      > central coast real estate Central coast california California
                                      > central coast Central coast hotel

                                      > >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                                      > Service.

                                      Central coast real estate Central coast home loan California central coast real estate
                                      Central coast california California central coast Central coast hotel

                                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                      --
                                      "Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular!"