Night Cacheing Tuesday and a Long Story

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2005
      ****Cross Posting****(sorry)

      What: A group hike to Down the Rabbit Hole and Illuminati (two night
      caches)
      When:5:15-5:30 Tuesday the 15th
      Where: Meet at the parking coordinates at Down the Rabbit Hole
      (Veterans Park
      Monterey)
      Why: It's more fun as a group, and come meet the venerable campyc
      from S. Cal.

      Now the long winded story....

      It was a dark and stormy night....just kidding. A couple of months
      ago I was
      contacted by S. CA cacher (username: campyc,
      profile:http://tinyurl.com/9gqu8 )for some cache
      recommendations. I obliged and got a nice thank you in return. I
      thought
      that was kind of the end of it until I got a notification of a cache
      on my
      Watchlist.

      A few weeks after the initial email, campyc found a cache on my
      Watchlist. In
      the log she said that she was still in the area because her husband
      was in
      some sort of accident. I was concerned, and sure enough, a few days
      later I
      got an email from campyc saying that she was in the area and likely
      to be here
      for quite some time. her husband had landed in the hospital and was
      expected
      to be there for a long recuperation. He's doing better apparently,
      but still
      not well enough to travel back home.

      Well, campyc was asking if doing the two night caches on Huckleberry
      Hill
      would be safe as a solo expedition. Ian and I offered to tag along
      just to
      make sure everything is OK, and I thought it would be fun to do this
      as a
      group. We're headed out next weekend, so the weekdays are better for
      us. We
      were thinking of dinner beforehand (kind of earlyish) and doing the
      night
      caches afterwards.

      So if anyone's interested, just post your intentions, or come join us
      at the
      parking coordinates.

      - Touchstone
    • Michael Swartz
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2005
        Re: [CCGC] Night Cacheing Tuesday and a Long Story What a great idea !  Don't know if Russell and I can come, because it's cubscout night.  We might skip that for a chance to do these night caches.  They would definitely go better with some companions.

        From: "touchstone12002" <msmelser@...>
        Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:48:57 -0000
        To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [CCGC] Night Cacheing Tuesday and a Long Story

[...]

               Central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ms9> Central coast home loan <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+home+loan&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ROqDw> California central coast real estate <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast+real+estate&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=1> Central coast california <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+california&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=nkDR> California central coast <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=California+central+coast&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=ellM> Central coast hotel <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Central+coast+hotel&w1=Central+coast+real+estate&w2=Central+coast+home+loan&w3=California+central+coast+real+estate&w4=Central+coast+california&w5=California+central+coast&w6=Central+coast+hotel&c=6&s=187&.sig=JP7Rgz1le>

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Susie Cochran
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2005
          Sounds like fun so count me in!

          On Nov 13, 2005, at 9:48 AM, touchstone12002 wrote:

          > ****Cross Posting****(sorry)
          >
          > What: A group hike to Down the Rabbit Hole and Illuminati (two night
          > caches)
          > When:5:15-5:30 Tuesday the 15th
          > Where: Meet at the parking coordinates at Down the Rabbit Hole
          > (Veterans Park
          > Monterey)
          > Why: It's more fun as a group, and come meet the venerable campyc
          > from S. Cal.
          >
          > Now the long winded story....
          >
          > It was a dark and stormy night....just kidding. A couple of months
          > ago I was
          > contacted by S. CA cacher (username: campyc,
          > profile:http://tinyurl.com/9gqu8 )for some cache
          > recommendations. I obliged and got a nice thank you in return. I
          > thought
          > that was kind of the end of it until I got a notification of a cache
          > on my
          > Watchlist.
          >
          > A few weeks after the initial email, campyc found a cache on my
          > Watchlist. In
          > the log she said that she was still in the area because her husband
          > was in
          > some sort of accident. I was concerned, and sure enough, a few days
          > later I
          > got an email from campyc saying that she was in the area and likely
          > to be here
          > for quite some time. her husband had landed in the hospital and was
          > expected
          > to be there for a long recuperation. He's doing better apparently,
          > but still
          > not well enough to travel back home.
          >
          > Well, campyc was asking if doing the two night caches on Huckleberry
          > Hill
          > would be safe as a solo expedition. Ian and I offered to tag along
          > just to
          > make sure everything is OK, and I thought it would be fun to do this
          > as a
          > group. We're headed out next weekend, so the weekdays are better for
          > us. We
          > were thinking of dinner beforehand (kind of earlyish) and doing the
          > night
          > caches afterwards.
          >
          > So if anyone's interested, just post your intentions, or come join us
          > at the
          > parking coordinates.
          >
          > - Touchstone
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          ---------------
          The shore is an ancient world, for as long as there has been
          an earth and sea, there has been this place of the meeting of
          land and water.

          -Rachel Carson
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2005
            Even though I have done both those caches (in fact... I think FFFF,
            Kealia, and I were FTF on those)... I would love to do those again.
            Unfortunately, Tue-Thu nights are taken up with "kid stuff", so I
            can't make it.

            The rest of you are in for a treat though! Don't forget to bring a
            STRONG flashlight and beware the "white rabbit"... I hear he
            has "big nasty teeth" (Or is that his cousin... the "Killer Rabbit"?)

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2005
              Unfortunately, the little bunny on the Rabbit Hole cache was
              destroyed by wild pigs in the area. The replacement is a
              standard .30 cal ammo can with some of my dazzling camo artwork :) I
              do have a bit of a memorial put together at the cache site with the
              remains that I found of the bunny...snif...it's actually kind of
              touching.

              Details:

              Meeting for dinner around 4:00 pm at the California Pizza Kitchen in
              the Del Monte Shopping Center (Munras Ave exit off of Hwy 1)

              Will meet at the trailhead around 5:15-5:30. Since there has been a
              couple of reports of the ranger at Vet Park bothering people at the
              parking area (it's posted as open until 10 pm) I'd suggest parking on
              the street at the nearby residential area. As far as I know, it's
              still legal to park on city streets ;)

              Should take an hour or so to make the 1.5 mile loop. Bring
              flashlight and some sturdy shoes.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14, 2005
                Man, I wish I could make this, but I definitely can't. I'm stuck in
                class from 5-8PM. I'd usually skipped, but I already wasted that
                option last class!

                "I do have a bit of a memorial put together at the cache site with
                the remains that I found of the bunny...snif...it's actually kind of
                touching."

                Touchstone.....you need help ;-)

                BGB
                --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" <msmelser@m...>