Re: New Joins - Stand up and be heard!

  • ed777
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hello, I am ed777. I have been caching since July and have 200ish finds. Some of you
      may know me from the Santa Cruz board which I also joined recently. I live in Felton and
      work in Palo Alto. Thus I cover a lot of ground when caching. I often cache by myself. But
      occasionally cache with my youngest son, little_hiker (who just had his first cache
      published!), or in groups. I love hiking and thus most of my cache hides are off of various
      trails. I have met some great people through geocaching and I look forward to meeting
      more of you in the future.

      - ed777

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:

      > Hi All -
      > I just directed some Salinas based newer cachers to our group site,
      > Koolrat & Kitten, and thought it might be nice to hear from all our
      > new members. I personally approved a couple of memberships of well-
      > known geocachers, but you aren't well-known to everyone =) Let's
      > hear about you.
      >
      > For anyone who may not know me, I'm Biggeek Ben...the most outspoken
      > member of team BIGGEEKS. I mostly cache with my wife and dogs, but
      > can also be found with any of the geeks listed on our GC.com site.
      > I'm working on my last semester of my BS at CSUMB and then it looks
      > like it's off to Chicago in January...sweet. Anyhow, I don't have
      > too much time to cache right now, but I'm really trying to find some
      > time to bag some finds in SC.
      >
      > I'm currently covered in Poison Oak from a failed attempt at
      > Touchstone's Genesis, but that's just part of the FUN isn't it! =)
      >
      > That's all I got for now,
      >
      > BG Ben

    • David Werblo
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2005
        Hi,
        We are Dave and Kathy Werblo. Just got the geo bug
        this summer. We have only managed to geocache 3 times
        so far - once here in Prunedale and 2 while in
        vacation on Kauai. Dave works at Cisco, I am a
        volunteer guide at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We love
        animals. We are working on gradually returning our 6
        acres to natives. The battle against eucalyptus,
        acacia, hemlock and pampas grass is daunting, but we
        are making progress. If anyone is interested in
        replanting baby oaks I have a couple hundred in my
        front yard (my acorn experiment worked too well) that
        could use new homes. Check out our logs:
        ParadiseFound. Hope to attend CITO on 12/3 and meet
        some of the group.

        http://farechase.yahoo.com
      • bud
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2005
          FYI, Grindylow (my wife, Jan) is a landscape designer who is very
          into CA native plants. She loves talking plants. LOL 50sumtin