Cache of the Year Poll

  • ggbahai4
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
      Hi all:

      I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote. If you happen
      to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too. I think my
      favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches and
      the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.

      I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
      to visit it next time I am going south!

      Chickasaw (of ynots4)
    • Lance Thornley
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
        I have to second Chickasaw, in that I haven't been to any of those caches either.  In the Santa Cruz area, one of my favorites is Zenone's "Houdini's Hideaway Magic Exchange" (GCKE7Y).

        Maybe we could have a more localized poll for favorite (not sure of the extent of the group, but maybe: Big Sur Area, Monterey/Salinas, Watsonville, Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley.... or maybe just North Bay and South Bay?) and then have a run-off between finalists?  If the local winners could be announced a couple of months before the finals... people could have a chance to try to get to the finalists before final voting.

        Just my .02 worth. :-)

        -Lance
        (Sgt Stitches)
        Reporting in from Washington, DC.

        ggbahai4 <go2garrett@...> wrote:
        Hi all:

        I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote.  If you happen
        to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too.  I think my
        favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches and
        the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.

        I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
        to visit it next time I am going south!

        Chickasaw (of ynots4)

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
          Chikasaw and the Sarg have a good point. For myself, I rarely get up
          that direction, although I do check out the new caches up there. I
          did notice the lack of Santa Cruz caches in the poll, and maybe a
          second poll could be constructed for the N Bay area.

          Just a quick question: did you guys submit some candidates for up
          there?

          I also noticed that a couple of the candidates are from previous
          years. I submitted caches placed in 2004 for the poll.

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Lance Thornley <sgt_stitches@s...>
          wrote:
          > I have to second Chickasaw, in that I haven't been to any of those
          caches either. In the Santa Cruz area, one of my favorites is
          Zenone's "Houdini's Hideaway Magic Exchange" (GCKE7Y).

          > Maybe we could have a more localized poll for favorite (not sure of
          the extent of the group, but maybe: Big Sur Area, Monterey/Salinas,
          Watsonville, Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley.... or maybe just North Bay and
          South Bay?) and then have a run-off between finalists? If the local
          winners could be announced a couple of months before the finals...
          people could have a chance to try to get to the finalists before
          final voting.

          > Just my .02 worth. :-)
          >

          > -Lance
          > (Sgt Stitches)
          > Reporting in from Washington, DC.
          >

          > ggbahai4 <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
          > Hi all:
          >
          > I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote. If you
          happen
          > to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too. I think my
          > favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches
          and
          > the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.
          >
          > I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
          > to visit it next time I am going south!
          >
          > Chickasaw (of ynots4)

          Service.
        • Lance Thornley
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
            Hi Touchstone-

            I didn't submit any for the original poll.... missed the deadline and I was new to the group, so wasn't sure how it worked.

            -Lance

            wrote:
            > I have to second Chickasaw, in that I haven't been to any of those
            caches either.  In the Santa Cruz area, one of my favorites is
            Zenone's "Houdini's Hideaway Magic Exchange" (GCKE7Y).

            > Maybe we could have a more localized poll for favorite (not sure of
            the extent of the group, but maybe: Big Sur Area, Monterey/Salinas,
            Watsonville, Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley.... or maybe just North Bay and
            South Bay?) and then have a run-off between finalists?  If the local
            winners could be announced a couple of months before the finals...
            people could have a chance to try to get to the finalists before
            final voting.

            > Just my .02 worth. :-)

            > -Lance
            > (Sgt Stitches)
            > Reporting in from Washington, DC.

            > ggbahai4 <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
            > Hi all:
            >
            > I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote.  If you
            happen
            > to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too.  I think my
            > favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches
            and
            > the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.
            >
            > I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
            > to visit it next time I am going south!
            >
            > Chickasaw (of ynots4)

            Service.