Re: [CCGC] Re: COINS

  • ARCSKY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
      Thanks for the clarification BGB! I hadn't joined CCGCA yet and got a cross post to the GSC group about some new coins. After joining the CCGCA group I saw posts saying the Cito coins were just sold out. Looks like I will have to work for that coin. LOL
      Thanks!
      Drew
      Geo Goe
      DayTrippers
    • ARCSKY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
        Thanks Lance...I think.
        Drew
      • J Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
          Lance,
          I answered 5 coins on the poll , but would like to change it to 15-20
          coins if its
          not a problem.
          Thanks
          Hotrod62
          Jeff

            > For those interested, response to the poll showed interest in at least
            > 115 (without even including interest from local coin clubs (Nurse
            > Dave's and GBA). So I think we can safely say that we could sell 300
            > and keep it local with local distribution only.  I think for the
            > moment we don't have to worry about a personal purchase limit, or if
            > we do, 25-30 would be a sufficient limit, but that could change as
            > word spreads locally.
            >
            > Questions raised privately:  What constitutes "Bona Fide" CCGC
            > member/cacher?
            > My own opinion is: "Bona Fide" is someone who can claim at least 20
            > finds in the CCGC area, lives close enough to cache in the CCGC area
            > on a semi-regular basis, and is a member of either the "CCGC"
            > or "GeocachingSantaCruz" Yahoo!Group.  As always, exceptions can be
            > made....
            >
            > Other results:
            >
            > Unanimous on keeping distribution local.  No Mailing.
            >
            > Unanimous on tracking:  Not necessary and better to save the $1.50/coin
            >
            > Mixed reviews on numbered vs. non-numbered. (Though, since cost is
            > minimal at around .25 per coin.. we will probably go ahead and number
            > them.)
            >
            > We have volunteers for distribution in Monterey (Touchstone... not so
            > much a volunteer as being volunteered  ;-), Santa Cruz (GA-
            > Daytrippers, Kealia, Sgt Stitches), and San Jose (Bullit/others).
            >
            > So we will proceed to get a quote based on the info above and then
            > start taking orders via a database in the CCGC Yahoo!Group Forum.
            >
            > -Lance
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • J Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
              worked great thanks. I read that the first time, I guess it didn't stick in the brain... LOL
              HR62