COINS

  • ARCSKY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2005

      Wow!
      They sold out of coins already! I had hoped to order 'bout 20 of them.

      (Warning: Shameless begging to follow!)

      Does anyone have any extra coins you would be willing to part with? I'm willing to pay and perhaps throw in a nice meal at 99 Bottles!

      Thanks!
      Drew
      Geo Goe
      G A-DayTrippers
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2005
        Hi Drew,
        Just to eliminate any confusion that might be out there. I
        (biggeeks) just finished the ordering for the CCGC Cito coin, but
        the coin Sgt Stitches and Kealia are working on (which I guess we've
        been calling our TEAM coin) is still in the early stages of
        preorder.

        BGB

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 26, 2005
          And to further eliminate confusion... no orders are currently being taken, just a poll to see
          if we are going to need to limit the quantity that each person will be allowed to purchase.
          The goal is to allow all CCGC members to purchase a coin if they so choose.

          ...except for Drew... he'll have to buy me a dinner at 99 Bottles to get a coin ;-)

          But seriously, this is our group coin and we want all member to be able to get one .... so
          quite literally if there were 300 bona fide members of CCGC who wanted to purchase a
          coin, we would limit the number to one per person.

          -Lance

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Drew,
          > Just to eliminate any confusion that might be out there. I
          > (biggeeks) just finished the ordering for the CCGC Cito coin, but
          > the coin Sgt Stitches and Kealia are working on (which I guess we've
          > been calling our TEAM coin) is still in the early stages of
          > preorder.
          >
          > BGB
          >
          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, ARCSKY@a... wrote:
          > >

          > > Wow!
          > > They sold out of coins already! I had hoped to order 'bout 20 of
          > them.
          > >
          > > (Warning: Shameless begging to follow!)
          > >
          > > Does anyone have any extra coins you would be willing to part
          > with? I'm
          > > willing to pay and perhaps throw in a nice meal at 99 Bottles!
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > > Drew
          > > Geo Goe
          > > G A-DayTrippers
          > > _ARCSky@a..._ (mailto:ARCSky@a...)

        • Chickasaw
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 26, 2005
            Lance made me look. We currently have 43 members in this group...
            several of whom joined VERY recently! ;-)

            - Chickasaw

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
              Update on CCGC Group coin poll:

              For those interested, response to the poll showed interest in at least
              115 (without even including interest from local coin clubs (Nurse
              Dave's and GBA). So I think we can safely say that we could sell 300
              and keep it local with local distribution only. I think for the
              moment we don't have to worry about a personal purchase limit, or if
              we do, 25-30 would be a sufficient limit, but that could change as
              word spreads locally.

              Questions raised privately: What constitutes "Bona Fide" CCGC
              member/cacher?
              My own opinion is: "Bona Fide" is someone who can claim at least 20
              finds in the CCGC area, lives close enough to cache in the CCGC area
              on a semi-regular basis, and is a member of either the "CCGC"
              or "GeocachingSantaCruz" Yahoo!Group. As always, exceptions can be
              made....

              Other results:

              Unanimous on keeping distribution local. No Mailing.

              Unanimous on tracking: Not necessary and better to save the $1.50/coin

              Mixed reviews on numbered vs. non-numbered. (Though, since cost is
              minimal at around .25 per coin.. we will probably go ahead and number
              them.)

              We have volunteers for distribution in Monterey (Touchstone... not so
              much a volunteer as being volunteered ;-), Santa Cruz (GA-
              Daytrippers, Kealia, Sgt Stitches), and San Jose (Bullit/others).

              So we will proceed to get a quote based on the info above and then
              start taking orders via a database in the CCGC Yahoo!Group Forum.

              -Lance
            • David Werblo
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
                Trying to catch up on a month of CCGC emails and am
                confused about which coin is sold out and which one is
                still being created. I am interested in purchasing 5
                of CCGC group coin if this is the one that is still
                available.
                Thanks, Kathy - ParadiseFound

                __________________________________
                http://farechase.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
                  Hi Kathy,
                  Welcome to the group! The coin that is sold out is the one refer to
                  as the CCGC CITO coin, or just the CITO coin. It is the version that
                  I've been having made (shipped from them to me today BTW =)). The
                  coin you are requesting 5 of is still in production and you should
                  have no problem getting some Sgt Stitches(Lance) and Kealia (Ron) are
                  spearheading that effort. I haven't looked to see if you'd placed
                  your interest in the Poll feature (you should see a link "Polls" on
                  the left side of your screen). You may want to use that because I
                  think that is how they're tentatively keeping track of who wants to
                  order what. Hope that helps! And I look forward to meeting you guys
                  at the CITO event!

                  Ben