Cache of the Year Poll

  • redtroll2
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
      Come over to the group and vote on your favorite cache!
    • ggbahai4
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
        Hi all:

        I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote. If you happen
        to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too. I think my
        favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches and
        the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.

        I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
        to visit it next time I am going south!

        Chickasaw (of ynots4)
      • Lance Thornley
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
          I have to second Chickasaw, in that I haven't been to any of those caches either.  In the Santa Cruz area, one of my favorites is Zenone's "Houdini's Hideaway Magic Exchange" (GCKE7Y).

          Maybe we could have a more localized poll for favorite (not sure of the extent of the group, but maybe: Big Sur Area, Monterey/Salinas, Watsonville, Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley.... or maybe just North Bay and South Bay?) and then have a run-off between finalists?  If the local winners could be announced a couple of months before the finals... people could have a chance to try to get to the finalists before final voting.

          Just my .02 worth. :-)

          -Lance
          (Sgt Stitches)
          Reporting in from Washington, DC.

          ggbahai4 <go2garrett@...> wrote:
          Hi all:

          I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote.  If you happen
          to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too.  I think my
          favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches and
          the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.

          I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
          to visit it next time I am going south!

          Chickasaw (of ynots4)

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
            Chikasaw and the Sarg have a good point. For myself, I rarely get up
            that direction, although I do check out the new caches up there. I
            did notice the lack of Santa Cruz caches in the poll, and maybe a
            second poll could be constructed for the N Bay area.

            Just a quick question: did you guys submit some candidates for up
            there?

            I also noticed that a couple of the candidates are from previous
            years. I submitted caches placed in 2004 for the poll.

            --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Lance Thornley <sgt_stitches@s...>
            wrote:
            > I have to second Chickasaw, in that I haven't been to any of those
            caches either. In the Santa Cruz area, one of my favorites is
            Zenone's "Houdini's Hideaway Magic Exchange" (GCKE7Y).

            > Maybe we could have a more localized poll for favorite (not sure of
            the extent of the group, but maybe: Big Sur Area, Monterey/Salinas,
            Watsonville, Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley.... or maybe just North Bay and
            South Bay?) and then have a run-off between finalists? If the local
            winners could be announced a couple of months before the finals...
            people could have a chance to try to get to the finalists before
            final voting.

            > Just my .02 worth. :-)
            >

            > -Lance
            > (Sgt Stitches)
            > Reporting in from Washington, DC.
            >

            > ggbahai4 <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
            > Hi all:
            >
            > I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote. If you
            happen
            > to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too. I think my
            > favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches
            and
            > the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.
            >
            > I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
            > to visit it next time I am going south!
            >
            > Chickasaw (of ynots4)

            Service.
          • Lance Thornley
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
              Hi Touchstone-

              I didn't submit any for the original poll.... missed the deadline and I was new to the group, so wasn't sure how it worked.

              -Lance

              wrote:
              > I have to second Chickasaw, in that I haven't been to any of those
              caches either.  In the Santa Cruz area, one of my favorites is
              Zenone's "Houdini's Hideaway Magic Exchange" (GCKE7Y).

              > Maybe we could have a more localized poll for favorite (not sure of
              the extent of the group, but maybe: Big Sur Area, Monterey/Salinas,
              Watsonville, Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley.... or maybe just North Bay and
              South Bay?) and then have a run-off between finalists?  If the local
              winners could be announced a couple of months before the finals...
              people could have a chance to try to get to the finalists before
              final voting.

              > Just my .02 worth. :-)

              > -Lance
              > (Sgt Stitches)
              > Reporting in from Washington, DC.

              > ggbahai4 <go2garrett@s...> wrote:
              > Hi all:
              >
              > I have not been to any of those caches so cannot vote.  If you
              happen
              > to visit Santa Cruz, we have lots of fun caches too.  I think my
              > favorite so far is "The Holy Grail" mystery cache by Sgt Stitches
              and
              > the Cruz Commandos, waypoint GCHPWM.
              >
              > I will be sure to see which cache wins so I can make a special trip
              > to visit it next time I am going south!
              >
              > Chickasaw (of ynots4)

              Service.