CITO coin suggestion

  • Susie
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
      After seeing the final draft, I'm noticing that the words "Central Coast Geocachers of
      California" aren't distinct enough. The letters seem to be blurred together. I think this has
      to do with the them being gold and then outlined with a very similar looking pale yellow.
      Perhaps the letters shouldn't be outlined -- retain the gold color, but make them block
      letters like the rest of the lettering on the coin. If it looks smooshed together on the large
      jpg, I can only imagine what it will look like on a much smaller coin.

      What do others think?
    • Chickasaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
        I agree, the letters need to be separated more and look blurred
        together on this image.

        - Chickasaw

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
          Hi Susie,
          I hear your concerns, I talked to the manufacturer about this exact
          issue, and she said that the outline had to be there, as a 'dam' to
          contain the color. At this point in time, I've already okay-ed the
          art work and sent the considerable amount of money for the
          manufacturer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the nickel will
          help delineate the letters in a less-squished way. If everyone
          could cross their toes as well, that'd be greeeat. Thanks

          Ben