Re: CCGC CITO COIN READY FOR ORDER!

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
      Since I'm too late, I'm not sure what utility this will be. But it
      sounds like bullit has you covered Bucky. He ordered for the GBA
      coin club. Sounds like he'll pick up any spares, because some people
      did this one on their own. Heck, I'll take the extras. Always good
      for trading and such.

      Ben: When ya going to post that CITO Event? Just curious, but where
      is it going to be held?

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
        I was planning on posting the listing the first week of Nov. I need
        to run out and get some coords and survey cleanup areas. Also I
        need to find out some more information as to what R.O.N. has
        planned. I pretty sure they've got Whole Foods locked in to provide
        water and snacks. The event will be held at Natividad Creek Park
        off of (a street name I forgot) off of Boronda in Northern Salinas.
        Depending on turn out, we may be able to do a second location a
        short distance away...The newly restored Carr lake near Natividad
        hospital.

        So, I've got access to about a dozen Garmin Etrek Ventures for the
        event. I'm thinkin' of billing it as a 'Bucket of GPSrs'. But I
        haven't really been able to come up with something cool to employ
        with them. I was thinking I could program them all with the coords
        of a couple of temporary hides for kids and non-geocachers or
        something, but I dunno...any ideas out there? Or diabolical ones,
        Touchstone?

        Should I set up the site anyway with more information as it comes
        available?

        BGB

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
          If it were me, I'd go ahead and get it listed so that people have as
          much advance notice as possible. Of course, you'll have to be fairly
          certain of the coordinates/work site, because once those are set it's
          kind of tough to change them without an Approver's blessing.

          Games? Too bad it's not on the CSUMB campus. I can think of lots of
          diabolical ideas centering around the Ropes Course near the VA
          Clinic :D Of course, the nearby Frisbee Golf Course offers lots of
          potential games as well (i.e. who can toss a frisbee nearest the zero
          spot by projecting with their GPS to estimate the distance).