RE: [CCGC] CCGC CITO COIN READY FOR ORDER!

  • corbydale@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
      Thanks to Ben for doing such a nice job on this coin, and working on the other CCGC coin!

      I hope you aren't all sold out already, since I just placed my order for 3 -- I've been a little out of touch for the past 5 days ;)

      So, how many have been snatched up before the "public" release?

      Corby aka BuckyDef

      "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:

      >Hi All,
      >Welcome back to all of you who ventured to Yosemite this weekend.
      >Looked like (from the gallery)you all had good weather and a good time.
      >
      >So, I've made up a website where anyone who would like to order this
      >second (CITO) coin we've been talking about can do so. This website
      >still has the latest proof (Draft 3) of the coin, but the other
      >website will catch up in a couple of hours. I'm just waiting to hear
      >back on one more change (adding the creek into the map) and then I'll
      >proceed with the die molding which is the next big ($$$) step.
      >
      >On Thursday, I'm going to post the link to the geocoin forum discussin
      >site, and I think the coins will sell out rather quickly after that.
      >So if you want some...order now!
      >
      >Thanks for everyone's help in the creation of this coin. Soon we'll
      >have to get back to the other TEAM coin that I think will be very
      >popular. But if someone else wants to take the ordering lead on that
      >one (Hi Sgt. Stitches) I think I'll have to take them up on that!! =)
      >
      >Here's the site:
      >
      >http://home.csumb.edu/h/haberthurbenjaminh/world/website/
      >
      >Biggeek Ben
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
        Hey Corby,
        You order made it in just fine. And your suspicions of there not
        being many coins left to go 'public' are right on. I've sold 255 of
        the 300, so I don't think it's going to be too dificult to sell the
        remaining 45!

        BGB

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, corbydale@n... wrote:

        > Thanks to Ben for doing such a nice job on this coin, and working
        on the other CCGC coin!

        > I hope you aren't all sold out already, since I just placed my
        order for 3 -- I've been a little out of touch for the past 5 days ;)

        guid=55558684-695a-4666-a554-24a7fad17f3b"> My First Micro</a>

        http://isp.netscape.com/register

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
          Since I'm too late, I'm not sure what utility this will be. But it
          sounds like bullit has you covered Bucky. He ordered for the GBA
          coin club. Sounds like he'll pick up any spares, because some people
          did this one on their own. Heck, I'll take the extras. Always good
          for trading and such.

          Ben: When ya going to post that CITO Event? Just curious, but where
          is it going to be held?

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
            I was planning on posting the listing the first week of Nov. I need
            to run out and get some coords and survey cleanup areas. Also I
            need to find out some more information as to what R.O.N. has
            planned. I pretty sure they've got Whole Foods locked in to provide
            water and snacks. The event will be held at Natividad Creek Park
            off of (a street name I forgot) off of Boronda in Northern Salinas.
            Depending on turn out, we may be able to do a second location a
            short distance away...The newly restored Carr lake near Natividad
            hospital.

            So, I've got access to about a dozen Garmin Etrek Ventures for the
            event. I'm thinkin' of billing it as a 'Bucket of GPSrs'. But I
            haven't really been able to come up with something cool to employ
            with them. I was thinking I could program them all with the coords
            of a couple of temporary hides for kids and non-geocachers or
            something, but I dunno...any ideas out there? Or diabolical ones,
            Touchstone?

            Should I set up the site anyway with more information as it comes
            available?

            BGB

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
              If it were me, I'd go ahead and get it listed so that people have as
              much advance notice as possible. Of course, you'll have to be fairly
              certain of the coordinates/work site, because once those are set it's
              kind of tough to change them without an Approver's blessing.

              Games? Too bad it's not on the CSUMB campus. I can think of lots of
              diabolical ideas centering around the Ropes Course near the VA
              Clinic :D Of course, the nearby Frisbee Golf Course offers lots of
              potential games as well (i.e. who can toss a frisbee nearest the zero
              spot by projecting with their GPS to estimate the distance).