Re: CCGC CITO COIN READY FOR ORDER!

  • Kealia
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
      Is the TEAM coin you reference the one that we've been discussing
      using hte CCGCA logo as the shape of the coin with the bay on the
      other side? If so, Sgt Stitches and I live close by and could
      probably work on this together.

      Let us know if that's what you're referring to and we can coordiante.

      - Kealia

      > Hi All,
      > Welcome back to all of you who ventured to Yosemite this weekend.
      > Looked like (from the gallery)you all had good weather and a good
      time.

      > So, I've made up a website where anyone who would like to order
      this
      > second (CITO) coin we've been talking about can do so. This
      website
      > still has the latest proof (Draft 3) of the coin, but the other
      > website will catch up in a couple of hours. I'm just waiting to
      hear
      > back on one more change (adding the creek into the map) and then
      I'll

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
        Yeah... what Ron said. ;-)

        The design looks good, so if all you need is for us to get going
        with the pre-ordering and getting the coin minted, just let us know.

        -Lance

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
            I got you SLOiGO. I also recieved orders from pretty much everyone
            else in this forum. Thanks! Please send me an email if you have any
            questions on specific orders.
            This things are selling like proverbial HOT CAKES. I knew I should
            have set the cap at 400. Oh well too late now ;)

            Ron/Lance: Yep, I was talking about the bay/logo coin when I said
            TEAM coin (come to think of it I don't know where I pulled that team
            name out of), but...yeah! Run with it. I'll send you any artwork you
            need. I made up a more simplified version of the map area from files
            that Susie sent me. You guys may be able to get more detail out of
            the larger coin. I'd love to see the coin made, but TIME is beginning
            to come an issue for me. I graduate CSUMB in December and will most
            likely be moving out of state in Jan. so I've got a lot on my plate as
            is. Let me know if I can help with anything, and when I can buy!
            Good luck!

            BGB

          • corbydale@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
              Thanks to Ben for doing such a nice job on this coin, and working on the other CCGC coin!

              I hope you aren't all sold out already, since I just placed my order for 3 -- I've been a little out of touch for the past 5 days ;)

              So, how many have been snatched up before the "public" release?

              Corby aka BuckyDef

              "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:

              >Hi All,
              >Welcome back to all of you who ventured to Yosemite this weekend.
              >Looked like (from the gallery)you all had good weather and a good time.
              >
              >So, I've made up a website where anyone who would like to order this
              >second (CITO) coin we've been talking about can do so. This website
              >still has the latest proof (Draft 3) of the coin, but the other
              >website will catch up in a couple of hours. I'm just waiting to hear
              >back on one more change (adding the creek into the map) and then I'll
              >proceed with the die molding which is the next big ($$$) step.
              >
              >On Thursday, I'm going to post the link to the geocoin forum discussin
              >site, and I think the coins will sell out rather quickly after that.
              >So if you want some...order now!
              >
              >Thanks for everyone's help in the creation of this coin. Soon we'll
              >have to get back to the other TEAM coin that I think will be very
              >popular. But if someone else wants to take the ordering lead on that
              >one (Hi Sgt. Stitches) I think I'll have to take them up on that!! =)
              >
              >Here's the site:
              >
              >http://home.csumb.edu/h/haberthurbenjaminh/world/website/
              >
              >Biggeek Ben
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

              Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                Hey Corby,
                You order made it in just fine. And your suspicions of there not
                being many coins left to go 'public' are right on. I've sold 255 of
                the 300, so I don't think it's going to be too dificult to sell the
                remaining 45!

                BGB

                --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, corbydale@n... wrote:

                > Thanks to Ben for doing such a nice job on this coin, and working
                on the other CCGC coin!

                > I hope you aren't all sold out already, since I just placed my
                order for 3 -- I've been a little out of touch for the past 5 days ;)

                guid=55558684-695a-4666-a554-24a7fad17f3b"> My First Micro</a>

                http://isp.netscape.com/register

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                  Since I'm too late, I'm not sure what utility this will be. But it
                  sounds like bullit has you covered Bucky. He ordered for the GBA
                  coin club. Sounds like he'll pick up any spares, because some people
                  did this one on their own. Heck, I'll take the extras. Always good
                  for trading and such.

                  Ben: When ya going to post that CITO Event? Just curious, but where
                  is it going to be held?

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                    I was planning on posting the listing the first week of Nov. I need
                    to run out and get some coords and survey cleanup areas. Also I
                    need to find out some more information as to what R.O.N. has
                    planned. I pretty sure they've got Whole Foods locked in to provide
                    water and snacks. The event will be held at Natividad Creek Park
                    off of (a street name I forgot) off of Boronda in Northern Salinas.
                    Depending on turn out, we may be able to do a second location a
                    short distance away...The newly restored Carr lake near Natividad
                    hospital.

                    So, I've got access to about a dozen Garmin Etrek Ventures for the
                    event. I'm thinkin' of billing it as a 'Bucket of GPSrs'. But I
                    haven't really been able to come up with something cool to employ
                    with them. I was thinking I could program them all with the coords
                    of a couple of temporary hides for kids and non-geocachers or
                    something, but I dunno...any ideas out there? Or diabolical ones,
                    Touchstone?

                    Should I set up the site anyway with more information as it comes
                    available?

                    BGB

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                      If it were me, I'd go ahead and get it listed so that people have as
                      much advance notice as possible. Of course, you'll have to be fairly
                      certain of the coordinates/work site, because once those are set it's
                      kind of tough to change them without an Approver's blessing.

                      Games? Too bad it's not on the CSUMB campus. I can think of lots of
                      diabolical ideas centering around the Ropes Course near the VA
                      Clinic :D Of course, the nearby Frisbee Golf Course offers lots of
                      potential games as well (i.e. who can toss a frisbee nearest the zero
                      spot by projecting with their GPS to estimate the distance).