Yosemite VIP event

  • bud
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2005
      Yosemite was fun!!!

      Thank you, Touchstone, for organizing the event! Pink Static and
      Grindylow and I had a very good time! The weather was great overall,
      and so was the company we met!

      We drove up Friday, caching along the way, and then enjoyed meeting
      everyone at the camp site.

      Saturday we cleaned camp fire pits in Upper Pines Campground from
      9:30 am to 12:30 pm, with a half-hour break. The work wasn't overly
      strenuous and we felt good that we could give back to Yosemite. And
      then we cached around Happy Isles and Mirror Lake with a number of
      event geocachers.

      Sunday we hiked with Iris and Nick up the Mist Trail to Vernal Falls
      and then up to the top of Nevada Falls and did two virtuals along
      the way and some benchmarks too.

      On Monday, the three of us drove up to Glacier Point and enjoyed the
      views there before hiking Sentinel Dome before heading home. Phew!

      Thanks again, Mike, for organizing the fun event! Let's do it again!

      Bud 50sumtin