CCGC CITO COIN READY FOR ORDER!

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
      Hi All,
      Welcome back to all of you who ventured to Yosemite this weekend.
      Looked like (from the gallery)you all had good weather and a good time.

      So, I've made up a website where anyone who would like to order this
      second (CITO) coin we've been talking about can do so. This website
      still has the latest proof (Draft 3) of the coin, but the other
      website will catch up in a couple of hours. I'm just waiting to hear
      back on one more change (adding the creek into the map) and then I'll
      proceed with the die molding which is the next big ($$$) step.

      On Thursday, I'm going to post the link to the geocoin forum discussin
      site, and I think the coins will sell out rather quickly after that.
      So if you want some...order now!

      Thanks for everyone's help in the creation of this coin. Soon we'll
      have to get back to the other TEAM coin that I think will be very
      popular. But if someone else wants to take the ordering lead on that
      one (Hi Sgt. Stitches) I think I'll have to take them up on that!! =)

      Here's the site:

      http://home.csumb.edu/h/haberthurbenjaminh/world/website/

      Biggeek Ben
    • Bud Gawlik

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
          Hi Bud,
          If you'd like to order a coin, would you mind going throught the
          following paypal site?:

          http://home.csumb.edu/h/haberthurbenjaminh/world/website/payment.htm

          I'm trying to only use this payment method, as it is easiest for me.
          But if it doesn't work for you, feel free to email at
          benjamin_haberthur@..., and we'll see what we can get setup.

          Biggeek Ben
          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Bud Gawlik <fiftysumtin@y...> wrote:

          > I would like to order one coin.
          > Bud 50sumtin

        • Kealia
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
            Is the TEAM coin you reference the one that we've been discussing
            using hte CCGCA logo as the shape of the coin with the bay on the
            other side? If so, Sgt Stitches and I live close by and could
            probably work on this together.

            Let us know if that's what you're referring to and we can coordiante.

            - Kealia

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
              Yeah... what Ron said. ;-)

              The design looks good, so if all you need is for us to get going
              with the pre-ordering and getting the coin minted, just let us know.

              -Lance

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 18, 2005
                  I got you SLOiGO. I also recieved orders from pretty much everyone
                  else in this forum. Thanks! Please send me an email if you have any
                  questions on specific orders.
                  This things are selling like proverbial HOT CAKES. I knew I should
                  have set the cap at 400. Oh well too late now ;)

                  Ron/Lance: Yep, I was talking about the bay/logo coin when I said
                  TEAM coin (come to think of it I don't know where I pulled that team
                  name out of), but...yeah! Run with it. I'll send you any artwork you
                  need. I made up a more simplified version of the map area from files
                  that Susie sent me. You guys may be able to get more detail out of
                  the larger coin. I'd love to see the coin made, but TIME is beginning
                  to come an issue for me. I graduate CSUMB in December and will most
                  likely be moving out of state in Jan. so I've got a lot on my plate as
                  is. Let me know if I can help with anything, and when I can buy!
                  Good luck!

                  BGB

                • corbydale@netscape.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                    Thanks to Ben for doing such a nice job on this coin, and working on the other CCGC coin!

                    I hope you aren't all sold out already, since I just placed my order for 3 -- I've been a little out of touch for the past 5 days ;)

                    So, how many have been snatched up before the "public" release?

                    Corby aka BuckyDef

                    "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@...> wrote:

                    >Hi All,
                    >Welcome back to all of you who ventured to Yosemite this weekend.
                    >Looked like (from the gallery)you all had good weather and a good time.
                    >
                    >So, I've made up a website where anyone who would like to order this
                    >second (CITO) coin we've been talking about can do so. This website
                    >still has the latest proof (Draft 3) of the coin, but the other
                    >website will catch up in a couple of hours. I'm just waiting to hear
                    >back on one more change (adding the creek into the map) and then I'll
                    >proceed with the die molding which is the next big ($$$) step.
                    >
                    >On Thursday, I'm going to post the link to the geocoin forum discussin
                    >site, and I think the coins will sell out rather quickly after that.
                    >So if you want some...order now!
                    >
                    >Thanks for everyone's help in the creation of this coin. Soon we'll
                    >have to get back to the other TEAM coin that I think will be very
                    >popular. But if someone else wants to take the ordering lead on that
                    >one (Hi Sgt. Stitches) I think I'll have to take them up on that!! =)
                    >
                    >Here's the site:
                    >
                    >http://home.csumb.edu/h/haberthurbenjaminh/world/website/
                    >
                    >Biggeek Ben
                    >

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

                    Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                      Hey Corby,
                      You order made it in just fine. And your suspicions of there not
                      being many coins left to go 'public' are right on. I've sold 255 of
                      the 300, so I don't think it's going to be too dificult to sell the
                      remaining 45!

                      BGB

                      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, corbydale@n... wrote:

                      > Thanks to Ben for doing such a nice job on this coin, and working
                      on the other CCGC coin!

                      > I hope you aren't all sold out already, since I just placed my
                      order for 3 -- I've been a little out of touch for the past 5 days ;)

                      guid=55558684-695a-4666-a554-24a7fad17f3b"> My First Micro</a>

                      http://isp.netscape.com/register

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                        Since I'm too late, I'm not sure what utility this will be. But it
                        sounds like bullit has you covered Bucky. He ordered for the GBA
                        coin club. Sounds like he'll pick up any spares, because some people
                        did this one on their own. Heck, I'll take the extras. Always good
                        for trading and such.

                        Ben: When ya going to post that CITO Event? Just curious, but where
                        is it going to be held?

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                          I was planning on posting the listing the first week of Nov. I need
                          to run out and get some coords and survey cleanup areas. Also I
                          need to find out some more information as to what R.O.N. has
                          planned. I pretty sure they've got Whole Foods locked in to provide
                          water and snacks. The event will be held at Natividad Creek Park
                          off of (a street name I forgot) off of Boronda in Northern Salinas.
                          Depending on turn out, we may be able to do a second location a
                          short distance away...The newly restored Carr lake near Natividad
                          hospital.

                          So, I've got access to about a dozen Garmin Etrek Ventures for the
                          event. I'm thinkin' of billing it as a 'Bucket of GPSrs'. But I
                          haven't really been able to come up with something cool to employ
                          with them. I was thinking I could program them all with the coords
                          of a couple of temporary hides for kids and non-geocachers or
                          something, but I dunno...any ideas out there? Or diabolical ones,
                          Touchstone?

                          Should I set up the site anyway with more information as it comes
                          available?

                          BGB

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 19, 2005
                            If it were me, I'd go ahead and get it listed so that people have as
                            much advance notice as possible. Of course, you'll have to be fairly
                            certain of the coordinates/work site, because once those are set it's
                            kind of tough to change them without an Approver's blessing.

                            Games? Too bad it's not on the CSUMB campus. I can think of lots of
                            diabolical ideas centering around the Ropes Course near the VA
                            Clinic :D Of course, the nearby Frisbee Golf Course offers lots of
                            potential games as well (i.e. who can toss a frisbee nearest the zero
                            spot by projecting with their GPS to estimate the distance).