Mt. Hermon and Yosemite

  • Susie Cochran
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2005
      I've enjoyed reading all the logs from the Mt. Hermon hike this past
      weekend. It sounds like everyone had a really wonderful time. A
      special thanks goes to 50sumtin for arranging hikes like this one and
      the Big Basin to the Sea hike a few weeks back.

      I'm so disappointed that I won't be able to make it to the Yosemite
      event this weekend, but I just wanted to wish everyone who is going a
      good time. Have a safe drive up and back, and don't let the bears get
      you. I know the VIP program is going to be really impressed with the
      turnout. Be sure to take plenty of pix! I can't wait to see how
      Touchstone rakes out firepits with Jr. T on his shoulders ;-)
      -Coralgeo
      --
      Susan Cochran
      susie@...

      I want to tell you the ocean knows this, that life in its jewel boxes
      is endless as the sand, impossible to count, pure, and made the
      jellyfish full of light and untied its knot, letting its musical
      threads fall from a horn of plenty made of infinite mother-of-pearl.
      -Pablo Neruda
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2005
        I've also been waiting till the last minute to rule out making it to
        the VIP Yosemite event. I think it's going to be a blast. We'll
        have to live vicariously through the gallery images.

        So I just recieved the 1st draft of the CCGC-CITO coin from the
        manufacturer. You'll see there is still some work to be done. I've
        responded with all the changes necessary to make our logo POP. I'd
        like to send an image of the topo map necessary in the map square,
        but only have the flatten image of our logo. ATTN: Susie :) Can I
        take you up on your offer of providing layer info. I told the coin
        artist we could lose some of the contour lines as long as the larger
        lines were there. I don't think she could work off the image I sent
        her, so I was hoping to send a pic of EXACTLY what would be
        acceptable. Do you have a map layer without the "READY TO
        NAVIGATE"text?

        Safe Travels to everyone headed out to Yosemite. Soak up Muir's
        country, we'll be here playing with coin pictures ;)

        BGB

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2005
          Administrative note

          Just a note on sending me anything. I don't really use the yahoo
          address. Instead anything can be sent to our geocaching address.
          benjamin_haberthur@...

          BGB
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 13, 2005
            Thanks for the well wishes guys. We'll try and catch you next year
            at the next CITO Event.

            CITO coin looks pretty cool. I'll keep an eye out for the December
            Event so I can nab one of those gems.