Re: [CCGC] Re: CCGA Geocoin

  • David Werblo
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
      Of the pictures posted so far, I like the relief map
      but think the geo symbol is too prominent and I prefer
      the unusual shape on V2 and V3. The lettering on the
      edge is a great idea. Trying to get all if the names
      in would make it too cluttered and we would not want
      to leave anyone out. Prunedale has lots of caches so
      don't forget us!

      Kathy

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hi All,
        So I'm going to attempt to post a redo of a draft of the coin with
        some city names on there. I also added some depth to the logo side of
        the coin to get an idea as to what it may look like. I think I can
        make a more slick image of the bayside...given I find some time.

        I've been a little distracted drawing up another coin for the
        aforementioned CITO event. I did want to just go with a CITO logo,
        but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I posted the
        alternative I drew up since I incorporated our CCGC logo. I thought
        I'd get the groups approval before using the logo. The quote on the
        coin says "Kings and cabbages go back to compost, but good deeds stay
        green forever." I thought it was appropriate. If no one has any
        objections to the use of the logo for this CITO coin I'm going to get
        the manufacture process started with this one at the end of this week
        or beginning of next. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

        Okay, enough procrastination for now. BGB

        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
          New CCGC version looks great :) Not sure I have anything to add to
          that version.

          As far as the CITO coin: I think it's really up to Susie on the CCGC
          logo useage. Cool looking coin nonetheless. You might want to give
          Susie some background on the RON group and maybe a link so she knows
          what you're talking about.

          BTW: Ian and I stopped by the Disc Golf Course off of General Jim
          Moore Blvd today. A bit windy for the course (e.g. hard throwing
          into the wind, but man! we could sure make them sail WITH the wind),
          but Ian was totally stoked when we came across THIS course:

          http://sports.csumb.edu/adventures/ropes%20course/ropescourse.htm

          Of course, being the sick mind that I am, I look at all that stuff
          and think one of two things:

          1. How could I hide a cache there?
          2. If I held an Event there, would anybody come to it?

          LOL. I crack myself up sometimes :D

          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
            > Of course, being the sick mind that I am, I look at all that stuff
            > and think one of two things:
            >
            > 1. How could I hide a cache there?
            > 2. If I held an Event there, would anybody come to it?

            Isn't one of the first signs of addiction not being able to look at anything or go anywhere
            without thinking about the thing you're addicted to? OK, everyone, I think we need to
            have an intervention for Mike... He is starting (or is that continuing?) to show classic signs
            of a serious addiction... ;-)

            BTW, if you hold an event.... they will come....

            Back on topic:
            Both coins are looking great!
            There. I've made my comments... I'm done and I even stayed on topic... at least for a short
            while... :-D