Re: [CCGC] Re: CCGA Geocoin

  • David Werblo
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hi All,
      We have an 8 ft by 9 ft map of the area on our family
      room wall which we created by using USGS maps. (See
      attached). This is a collection of 16 paper maps plus
      2 USGS scanned maps. The ocean map with depths was
      custom created for us by the USGS. We can send someone
      this color USGS map of the ocean showing depths if it
      would be useful. Send request to werblo@....

      Kathy

      === message truncated ===

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • David Werblo
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
        Of the pictures posted so far, I like the relief map
        but think the geo symbol is too prominent and I prefer
        the unusual shape on V2 and V3. The lettering on the
        edge is a great idea. Trying to get all if the names
        in would make it too cluttered and we would not want
        to leave anyone out. Prunedale has lots of caches so
        don't forget us!

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
          Hi All,
          So I'm going to attempt to post a redo of a draft of the coin with
          some city names on there. I also added some depth to the logo side of
          the coin to get an idea as to what it may look like. I think I can
          make a more slick image of the bayside...given I find some time.

          I've been a little distracted drawing up another coin for the
          aforementioned CITO event. I did want to just go with a CITO logo,
          but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I posted the
          alternative I drew up since I incorporated our CCGC logo. I thought
          I'd get the groups approval before using the logo. The quote on the
          coin says "Kings and cabbages go back to compost, but good deeds stay
          green forever." I thought it was appropriate. If no one has any
          objections to the use of the logo for this CITO coin I'm going to get
          the manufacture process started with this one at the end of this week
          or beginning of next. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

          Okay, enough procrastination for now. BGB

          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
            New CCGC version looks great :) Not sure I have anything to add to
            that version.

            As far as the CITO coin: I think it's really up to Susie on the CCGC
            logo useage. Cool looking coin nonetheless. You might want to give
            Susie some background on the RON group and maybe a link so she knows
            what you're talking about.

            BTW: Ian and I stopped by the Disc Golf Course off of General Jim
            Moore Blvd today. A bit windy for the course (e.g. hard throwing
            into the wind, but man! we could sure make them sail WITH the wind),
            but Ian was totally stoked when we came across THIS course:

            http://sports.csumb.edu/adventures/ropes%20course/ropescourse.htm

            Of course, being the sick mind that I am, I look at all that stuff
            and think one of two things:

            1. How could I hide a cache there?
            2. If I held an Event there, would anybody come to it?

            LOL. I crack myself up sometimes :D

            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 3, 2005
              > Of course, being the sick mind that I am, I look at all that stuff
              > and think one of two things:
              >
              > 1. How could I hide a cache there?
              > 2. If I held an Event there, would anybody come to it?

              Isn't one of the first signs of addiction not being able to look at anything or go anywhere
              without thinking about the thing you're addicted to? OK, everyone, I think we need to
              have an intervention for Mike... He is starting (or is that continuing?) to show classic signs
              of a serious addiction... ;-)

              BTW, if you hold an event.... they will come....

              Back on topic:
              Both coins are looking great!
              There. I've made my comments... I'm done and I even stayed on topic... at least for a short
              while... :-D