random coin thoughts

  • Susie
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hi friends,

      Sorry for not commenting earlier on this. I've been a little pre-occupied with the storm
      situation lately. My travel plans to Houston have changed everyday since last Thursday.
      The good news is that all of my family's preparations for Hurricane Rita ended up being
      nothing but good practice. They didn't have any damage, and only lost power for a few
      hours. I've rescheduled to fly there early tomorrow morning, so wanted to chime in on this
      topic before I headed off.

      I love what Ben/BigGeeks has come up with so far for the CCGC coin. I think it's starting to
      shape up really well. Speaking of shapes, the CCGC logo shape can be repeated 7 more
      times, and by fanning the eight shapes evenly it makes a nice looking 8-pointed star-
      shaped coin.

      I also like the waypoint flags rather than stars for SCZ and MRY, and the mimicking of the
      gc logo shape on the reverse of the topo map's shape.

      Being a mapper also, I love being able to see the bathymetry for the Monterey Bay Canyon.
      How much relief can we get on a coin? I know we can't show the true depths of the canyon,
      but maybe we could work in a DEM drape of the land?

      I'm not real fond of referring to the MBNMS per se. The boundaries of the Sanctuary extend
      north to Marin County. I think of the Central Coast as going no further north than Santa
      Cruz County. Anyone else have thoughts about this? Maybe the text should be something
      simpler like "caching the Monterey Bay area and beyond"? Yea, I don't like that either, but
      you get the idea....

      I'll be monitoring the forums and groups sporadically while gone, and I look forward to
      seeing the next version and hearing everyone's comments.

      -Susie (Coralgeo)