Poll

  • redtroll2
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2004
      Check out the poll!
      It's about party food
    • westlog
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2004
        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "redtroll2" <reed_thayer@r...> wrote:
        > Check out the poll!
        > It's about party food

        Hi y'all,

        And "hi" to you, Reed. It seems that our local group is getting a
        slow start, but we ARE getting it started. The level of activity
        for geocachers in our local area is growing. I am very pleased with
        the number of geocachers who have visited and logged the 4 caches
        Jenny and I have put up in the past 2 or 3 months. Each has been
        logged frequently, up to 3 times a week. We are getting many new
        caches in our backyards. It is an exciting sport/hobby.

        In addition to other get-togethers, I have access to the backroom of
        the Marina Round Table Pizza. I use that facility for other events
        every month. It can work quite well. If there is local interest, I
        will set it up for a weekend lunch or dinner. If anyone has any
        ideas for activities, let me know. If anyone has a presentation,
        that will be nifty. I have an excellent 3M overhead projector, an
        HP LCD projector (2000 Lumens - works even in well-lighted rooms)
        and somewhere, I have a Kodak slide projector.

        Anyhow, post any thoughts or email me. Hope to hear from you.

        Take good care, Rick ;-)
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2004
          Hey Rick,

          We've really enjoyed your new ones. Still have one more to do I
          think. Maybe this week.

          Yes, it does seem like more people are getting into it, but I find
          many of my caches visited by out of towners.

          The downside to all this is that four of my caches were plundered a
          couple of months ago. Kind of a pain, but comes with the territory I
          guess. Caches around Nemo were also taken. Seems like someone had
          to have a GPS to find some of those.

          And I won't say no to pizza. Sounds like you've got quite the A/V
          set up. I'm not sure I'd want to bore everyone with all my caching
          pictures, but maybe people could bring their ten best or something.

          Mike
          aka Touchstone