Antigeo violence

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2005
      Hey everyone,

      I hope that my initial joke about a dead guy geocach was not taken
      wrong. I was not promoting violence nor making any form of
      suggestion, I was only trying to make light of the problem using
      extreme excessive humor with a REAL problem. If you look at
      Bakersfield (93307 area code) you will see 3147 geocaches in a 100
      mi radius, but if you change that to a 25 mi radius or 10 mi radius
      you get just a handful of caches in the real area. Went 4 of that
      handful disappear, this becomes a problem. I more wanted people to
      brainstorm and figure out how to better protect their caches, as
      owner of several caches that I put a lot of time into, I sense the
      disappointment of the people who placed the original caches. That
      is why when I came across the "Muggled" caches I did my best to
      restock their caches. I heard combination locks as a possible
      solution so that you might at least have the e mail list of those
      who requested the combination and I mentioned making them premium
      membership only, but doing so you would not encourage beginners to
      continue since there would be less for them to find. I hope this is
      isolated, just the way I wish that taggers are only kids bent on
      property destruction for a short period of time, as they will grow
      out of it and go forth with their lifes. I don't have many
      solutions, only questions and concerns.
    • Monty Groves
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2005
        I understood and enjoyed your humor..I undestand your caution as well.  It's a rough world out there; God save us from ourselves, eh?

        Replacing them quickly is I think the best response, maybe move it a few feet upon replacment if that is possible.  Soon they will tire of the game as they have short attention spans and poor memory.

        Maybe a note on the box that says, SMILE YOU'RE ON HIDDEN CAMERA!!  So it's a lie, but maybe not....

        All the Best
        Monty