[CCGC] Re: Geomuggle Anti-cache Violence

  • westlog
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28 3:43 PM
      Hi Monty,

      Good comments. The way we address this sort of problem in other
      areas is two-fold. One, we ensure that we (communicators, hams,
      contesters, hikers, etc) know what's up. Two, we initially ignore
      the "perps." When they don't get a response, they are unsure if they
      have an effect and quickly tire of their misbehavior.

      I live in California and don't choose to see bad trends. I do work
      as a DSW, the Emergency Coordinator for Seaside, and as a registered
      emergency communicator, and have significant access to crime stats.
      California is at 10th in violent crime, in the middle of reported
      crime against property, and is experiencing a rise in high-tech and
      low dollar value crime. This includes unreported crimes such as what
      we may be seeing with the present topic.

      I don't have time to fret about some problem no one cares about, and
      I certainly don't want to create stress. For me, geocaching is a fun
      hobby. I have no interest in turning it into a drama or conflict.
      So, I'll head back to school and once in a while out to find a cache
      or two.

      Thanks for your thoughts and have fun on the geocaching trail.
      Take good care,
      Rick ;-)

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Monty Groves" <mrgroves@c...> wrote:
      > One could say they are cleaning up the litter I suppose. They may
      be full
      > grown perps. As well, last I checked, California had one of the
      lowest
      > crime rates of any states in the USA. We should keep it htat way.
      It just