84Re: Meetings

  • Susie
    Feb 28 12:22 PM
      Why don't you take the lead and arrange one? I'm sure you'll find that most members will
      jump at the chance to attend any kind of geocaching special event (picnic, workshop,
      dinner get-together and chat).

      Once I set up meet-and-greet at the local West Marine store where the Garmin rep was
      going to be one evening. Geocachers showed up, but unfortunately the Garmin rep didn't!
      We were able to amuse ourselves anyway by playing with all the GPSr's and software
      packages that were in stock, basically demonstrating them all on our own (much to the
      dismay probably of the salesperson LOL). And we had all met for dinner nearby
      beforehand, so there was lots of idea swapping and talking story all around. Point is,
      geocachers will congregate when called and have a good time no matter what.

      Cheers,
      Susie (Coralgeo)

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "David L. Norris" <dlnorris@p...> wrote:

      > Hi, I just attended the BADGES meeting tonight and was wondering if
      > our group has similar meetings or gatherings. I could use some
      > Geocaching buddies and contacts down this way. I live in
      > Hollister. SLOIGO
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic