571Re: Cows in Toro Park

    May 13 11:32 AM
      I've had a couple of "close calls" with the cows in the park as well as in one of the East Bay Regional Parks. They don't appear to be overly aggressive and appear to be more cautious of me, than me of them. I always have my trekking poles with me, and just using the mountain lion trick of "looking large and scary" seems to be sufficient. I'm not sure how close of a tab the park keeps on their movements, so I'm not sure that asking the park folks would be much help in trying to avoid them.

      Could be worse though. Don't get me started about wild burros in Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas ;)

      Mike
      aka Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Kemper <dpkemper4@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any advice for avoiding the cattle herds in Toro Park? Is there any way of knowing what trails will be cow free?  I recently had one take a run at me as I was trying to get past. I got away unscathed but it was more excitement than I care for.  Are there any bulls (they must call it Toro for a reason) in the park?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic