50Re: Caches Closest to Home You Have NOT Found

    Dec 23, 2004
      Actually, I find the DNF stories more fun to read sometimes than the
      little smiley ones. I know, it's kind of sick, but that's the way I
      am. Ironically, I don't try to make my caches impossible to find.
      Heck, I dole out extra hints for people to ask.

      Here's my list:

      5.5mi (3/4) Bridge Marsh by Alikat (GCKNTT)- Over $100 bucks later
      in kayak rental fees and soaking wet, I get to proudly state I gave
      this one my all. Alikat emailed me later saying that in one of my
      photos the subject was less than 2 ft away (as if that's going to
      make me feel better);)

      6.7mi (3/1) Morning at the Beach (disabled) by kablooey (GCG2NF)-
      One of the first puzzles that I solved, I made three trips out before
      asking the big bloo for some help. Turns out to be missing and has
      been disabled for over a year now :( I think this one may have
      provoked Hemlock to post the now infamous "better clean up that
      disabled list, or I'm going to start archiving" post on the forums.

      8.5mi (2/1) I'm a Baaaaaad Boy! by DavidT21 & Fisherwoman (GCGB5D)-
      Another one that was disabled for a very long time. When it finally
      got checked on, it turns out to be still there. I ran out the next
      day or so, but the muggles were everywhere. Plus the fact it's near
      some restrooms, made me fear I might get arrested for being some kind
      of pervert.

      Honorable Mentions:

      (4.5/2) Black Box by georgeandmary (GC6937)
      (2/1)Casa de Cache by georgeandmary (GC4582)

      Actually, not very close to me, but I always beg to stop to make a
      search when we're doing the drive to the mountains. If I have an
      innate fear of IC caches, I think I've developed a downright dread of
      g&m caches. BB hasn't been found for well over a year now and my
      wife helped me with the solution (a puzzle cache). Made a couple of
      searches, and I'm even beginning to get sympathy email (Darn! and I
      saw Fizzy and Marky this weekend; I should've asked them where it
      was). The Casa cache is a submicro in some old farm equipment. My
      son loves stopping here, but I think he's beginning to worry about me
      scrounging around in a bunch of rusted tractors and trucks for a
      breath mint container.

      Happy Holidays,
      Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Gabrielle Garrett <go2garrett@s...>
      wrote:
      > This brings up a whole new topic of interest. Which caches are
      closest to home that we haven't found, and why. I like that Sgt
      Stitches offers this list as well.

      > OK, so here is my closest to home that I have not found...
      >
      > 1.6 mi SW Aylsworth View by Kealia - posted DNF last weekend
      > 1.8 mi SW Garden of Eden by Kealia - posted DNF and haven't had
      a chance to return
      > 2.0 mi SW Twinkletoes, Revised by The Groin - posted DNF because
      of lack of swimsuits
      > and time
      > 2.2 mi W the cache of roaring camp (?) by David, Noelle &
      Reggie - posted DNF and still
      > don't get it
      > 3.1 mi S Pinogop Cache by capnjack46 - NEW
      >
      > Chickasaw
      >

      > Sergeant Stitches <sgt_stitches@s...> wrote:
      > .... but I don't usually look at just the closest to home, I filter
      to see which ones are closest that I have not yet found.... so, here
      are my top 9 closest to home:

      > SW
      > 1.7mi (1/1) 19 Jan 02 Dead Presidents by Agent Iron
      Chef (GC3352) (CURRENTLY INACTIVE)

      > SW
      > 2mi (3/1.5) 21 Oct 01 Brain Scratch by Iron Chef
      (GC241B)

      > NW
      > 2.2mi (2.5/1) 14 Dec 04 Hot Wheels Cache by Team
      Abigale (GCM99H) (CURRENTLY INACTIVE)

      > SE
      > 2.4mi (3/3.5) 7 Dec 04 Branciforte Creek Cache by
      MonarchSchool (GCM7T8) (New)

      > 2.5mi (2.5/2) 21 Dec 04 Bluegrass Bob TB cache by
      capnjack46 (GCMAG0) (New)

      > -Sgt Stitches
      > (aka Lance)
      >

      > From: "Gabrielle" <go2garrett@s...>
      > Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:54:32 -0000
      > To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [CCGC] Name your closest to home caches and did you hide
      any?

      > Hello everyone:
      >
      > This isn't a poll, but something fun to know about each other. I
      > think all of us bring up our "closest to home" cache list alot and
      > see pretty much the same thing at the top of the list each time.
      > Since all of our lists are different, I thought it would be great
      fun
      > to see what we come up with. I will start:
      >
      > Home Coordinates: in Scotts Valley, CA
      >
      > Closest to home caches:
      > .5 mi - Chasing Amy by Kealia
      > .5 mi - Linear Park by Kealia
      > .7 mi - Camp Evers Fish Park by Kealia
      > .9 mi - Sky Park Micro View by ynots4 * mine!*
      >

      > You next ;-)
      >
      > Chickasaw (of ynots4)
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT