459REGARDING RANGERS REMOVING CACHES AT POINT LOBOS

    Dec 4, 2007
      I suspect the same thing is happening at Garapata.

      If talking with rangers I would make the point that it is more
      important to petition geocaching.com for archive than to remove the
      cache. Removing the cache without removing the listing means people
      searching for the cache end up trampling a larger area in their
      fruitless search. If there is something to find people will not trample
      as much because they quit trampling stuff when they make the find.
      Consequently -- as far as the landscape is concerned -- a listing with
      no cache is worse than a cache.

      In my opinion people hiding caches in parks should always place within
      reach of the trail and clearly state in the description that no
      bushwhacking is required. Reminders to carry out trash and be
      respectful of delicate ground cover can't hurt.

      rainbow_guyz
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic