458Re: [CCGC] Point Lobos

  • Bud Gawlik
    Dec 4, 2007
      So if you can place a cache that can be found with your feet still "on the trail" will they leave it?
      Bud 50sumtin

      likeafox51 <fox51@...> wrote:
      While hiking at Point Lobos today, we talked with the Rangers about
      their policy on Geocaches in the park. It was my understanding that
      State Parks are okay for caching but Federal are not. Point Lobos is a
      State Reserve, so I wanted to clarify for myself before putting a
      cache in that 'perfect' spot. We were told that the Rangers remove
      them when they find them off the trails because they don't want people
      going off trail. The head ranger is also concerned about the
      wildlife when a cache turns into litter. Just wanted to pass the info
      along as it explains why caches seem to go missing there.
      Fox51