367[CCGC] Re: Camp, Cafe and Pinnacles March

  • leslierussellgreen
    Feb 11, 2006
      Bud - emailed you corrected coords for tres pinos - Veranda
      Cafe - and pinnacles visitor's center. Don't know coords to east
      campground; maybe they answer their phone and will save
      someone a trip out there in person.
      I see you have suggested Flapjacks in Tres Pinos. We truly love
      their food. Pretty good prices. But not as much seating as
      Veranda cafe, and no outdoor overflow area if this crowd gets
      big. Actually, I would discourage Flapjacks just because they
      have such substantial breakfasts, and you might not want
      people so bogged down by a big meal before the hiking.
      - Leslie (Hotshoe, with Russell and Michael)

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Bud Gawlik <fiftysumtin@...>
      wrote:

      > I could use the coordinates for the cafe, the campground and
      the Visitor's Center.
      > Do you live nearny?
      > Bud 50sumtin
      >

      > "David L. Norris" <dlnorris@...> wrote:
      > his sounds GREAT, You can count on me and three or four of
      my
      > geocaching visitors. If you need any help contact me and I
      would be
      > glad to help any way I can for your event. dlnorris@...
      > SLOIGO aka David L. Norris
      >
      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "bud" <fiftysumtin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm getting ready to submit a cache description for a
      GeoEvent for
      > > March 25: Camp, Cafe, and Pinnacles March. This will be in
      the
      > vein of
      > > the Koffee and Kayaking that Touchstone put together in
      December.

      > > Cachers may log this event if they do any one of the following:
      > >
      > > Camp at the private campground just outside the east side of
      the
      > > Pinnacles East entrance, March 24 or 25.
      > > Join a gathering at the Flapjack's Country Cafe for breakfast
      > March 25
      > > just south of Tres Pinos,and/or
      > > Join a group of cachers for a Wildflower hike in the Pinnacles
      > March
      > > 25.
      > >
      > > I was thinking that breakfast would be between 8:30 am and
      9:30 am
      > and
      > > that we could then regroup at the east side visitor's center at
      10
      > > get the hike started.
      > >
      > > Comments are welcome!
      > >
      > > Bud

      > Central coast california Central coast Monterey bay
      Outdoors

      Service.