160Re: CCGA Geocoin

    Sep 24, 2005
      Wow, this is fun. Okay, I thought I'd summarize some of our ideas
      so far for some other versions to consider.
      - LANDSAT image of bay
      - Symmetrical ninja-staresq design
      - Waypoints instead of stars
      - Labeled cities

      I've got a Magellan unit, but I used to have a Garmin Vista...Lance,
      I assume you're refering to the waypoint used in the garmin which is
      like a little triangle on a pole?
      Does anyone like the idea of labelling the cities as you would in a
      GPS? i.e. abbreviated "MRY" & "SCRUZ"? Just a thought.
      Also, should we incorporate the year somewhere on there?

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Lance" <sgt_stitches@s...> wrote:
      > Alternate option: use a waypoint flag instead of a star to give
      it more of a "geocaching"
      > feel.
      >
      > ..... look-ing goooood!
      >

      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "teambiggeeks" <teambiggeeks@y...>
      wrote:
      > > Hi All, I posted two slight variations on the 1st design in the
      photos
      > > section. I only had time to play with text today, but I'll see
      if I
      > > can find some time this weekend to play around some more.
      > >
      > > Hey Mike, I looked at the Idaho coin you were talking abuot to
      get an
      > > idea about the real image overlay. Personally, I don't really
      care for
      > > it...I thought it kind of looked like those t-shirts you get at
      the
      > > mall where they transfer a photo and then put "WANTED" above it
      or
      > > something. But that's just me. I'm enjoying the creative
      process, and
      > > I'm going to see if I can grab a LANDSAT image tonight to make
      an
      > > example.
      > >
      > > BGB
      > >

      > > > 3. Make the coin unique in someway. Either in the look or in
      the
      > > > shape. Round coins don't stick out much. Idaho has a octagon
      shaped
      > > > coin that is unusual, and there's a few others that have
      interesting
      > > > shapes. Colored enamel makes them stand out a bit more.
      > >
      > > > 3. Some reference to the Monterey bay Marine Sanctuary.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic