155Re: CCGA Geocoin

    Sep 22, 2005
      Hi All, I posted two slight variations on the 1st design in the photos
      section. I only had time to play with text today, but I'll see if I
      can find some time this weekend to play around some more.

      Hey Mike, I looked at the Idaho coin you were talking abuot to get an
      idea about the real image overlay. Personally, I don't really care for
      it...I thought it kind of looked like those t-shirts you get at the
      mall where they transfer a photo and then put "WANTED" above it or
      something. But that's just me. I'm enjoying the creative process, and
      I'm going to see if I can grab a LANDSAT image tonight to make an
      example.

      BGB

      > 3. Make the coin unique in someway. Either in the look or in the
      > shape. Round coins don't stick out much. Idaho has a octagon shaped
      > coin that is unusual, and there's a few others that have interesting
      > shapes. Colored enamel makes them stand out a bit more.

      > 3. Some reference to the Monterey bay Marine Sanctuary.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic